First place in the Sun Belt is on the line tonight when league-leading UTA visits second place Georgia Southern. Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. (CST) in Hanner Fieldhouse in Statesboro, Ga.
Following his performances against Little Rock and Georgia State, UTA junior forward Kevin Hervey was named College Sports Madness Sun Belt Player of the Week. The Arlington native averaged 18.5 points and 7.5 rebounds in the two Mavericks victories. He scored 20 points with 5 boards against Little Rock on Monday. Saturday at Georgia State, he registered a double-double with 17 points and 10 boards.
In addition to Erick Neal's late-game heroics, there were numerous other highlights from the UTA men's basketball team's 68-67 victory at Georgia State. Thanks to Josh Sours and Learfield for providing the narrative and GSU/ESPN3 for the video.
He filed this piece that ran on last night's 6 p.m. newscast.
Basketball strength and conditioning coach Danny Wardell was profiled by UTA student newspaper, The Shorthorn, recently. The piece, written by sports editor Selby Lopez, examined the training regiment Wardell implements with the Mavericks as well as the "tough guys" philosophy of head coach Scott Cross.
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Title Tuesday? How to Follow the SBC Championships
- How to watch tonight's big hoops game
- Follow the track and field teams at SBC Championship
- Hervey earns player of the week honor
- Highlights from UTA's win at Georgia State
- CBS 11 says Mavericks are "Marching Toward The Madness"
- Falda soaring in her freshman season
- Wenger takes over UTA volleyball
- Wardell reveals training regimen