May 4, 2012
ARLINGTON, Texas - UT Arlington held its annual All-Sports Banquet on Thursday evening in the College Park Center. Student-athletes were honored for their excellence in the classroom and in the community.
George Riba, a UTA graduate and sports anchor for WFAA Channel 8, served as the emcee for the evening's awards. The University of Texas athletics director DeLoss Dodds was the featured speaker.
"We had had a wonderful night at the All-Sports banquet," UT Arlington director of athletics Jim Baker said. "The atmosphere and the presentation couldn't have been better at the
All-Sports Banquet Awards Recap:
- Big Al's community service award (female): Alicia Shaffer
- Big Al's community service award (male): Holton Hemby
- UTA athletics alumni chapter female student -athlete of the year: Courtney Zink
- UTA athletics alumni chapter male student-athlete of the year: David Subirats
- B.G. Wilson female scholar-athlete of the year: Maria Martinez-Romero
- B.G. Wilson male scholar-athlete of the year: Lance Day
- Junior track athlete Jeff Rodriguez received the Record Breaking Performance award after setting the indoor school record, outdoor school record and a meet record at the Northwestern State meet for pole vault.
- The Underdog Award was given to the baseball team after defeating several ranked opponents throughout the season including, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, TCU, Baylor and Texas.
- The men's basketball team was also recognized for their school-record 16-game winning streak.
- Twenty-seven scholar and 26 super scholar student-athletes were also recognized for the commitment to school and athletics.
Softball - 5/19/2018
SB: NISC Championship Round set for Los Angeles, Calif.
Baseball - 5/19/2018
BSB: Big Innings Lifts Bobcats Past Mavs
Baseball - 5/18/2018
BSB: Ninth, 10th Sinks Mavs in Series Clincher
Softball - 5/18/2018
SB: UTA captures NISC Regional final over Texas Tech
General Release - 5/18/2018
UTA student-athletes claim Sun Belt Awards
Baseball - 05/17/2018
BSB: Texas State Edges Mavs in Opener