July 9, 2014
Sun Belt Rise Program
The Sun Belt Conference, a member of NCAA Division I (FBS), is seeking applications for the position of Sun Belt RISE Program Digital Media Correspondent.
Selected candidate will serve as the primary correspondent on campus for a new initiative from the Sun Belt Conference office: Sun Belt RISE Program. The Sun Belt RISE Program Digital Media Correspondent will provide up-to-the-minute news about all 13 member institutions in the Sun Belt Conference. Selected applicant will be responsible for shooting, editing and submitting digital content for use on Sun Belt Conference mediums such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SunBeltSports.org.
- Edit media using non-linear editing systems for the purpose of adding narration, music, and/or graphics to create high-quality video presentations.
- Plan video projects implementing creative and original ideas involving Sun Belt Conference student-athletes, teams and campus locations.
- Script video projects and direct entire shoot.
- Edit and finalize projects for distribution and viral releases within Sun Belt Conference Digital Platforms.
- Shoot required video at athletic competitions and community events as necessary.
- Must be able to work dates and times as assigned including at Sun Belt Conference championships hosted on campus.
- Act as a one-person operation with the ability to perform all aspects of video production.
- Other duties as assigned.
In general, all correspondents must:
- Have an interest in sports journalism, specifically broadcast journalism, and the ideals of the journalist endeavor
- Have strong organizational skills
- Be currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students
- Be able to work through both the Fall and Spring semesters
- Be proficient in Adobe Suite Software (preferred but not required).
The Sun Belt RISE Program Digital Media Correspondent will work under the supervision of the Sun Belt Conference communications staff. The position pays a stipend of $1,000 per semester and runs from mid-August until May.
The Sun Belt Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should contact Randy Lieberman (email@example.com) to apply.
Sun Belt Conference Member Institutions:
Appalachian State University
University or Arkansas at Little Rock
Arkansas State University
University of Idaho
Georgia Southern University
Georgia State University
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
University of Louisiana at Monroe
New Mexico State University
University of South Alabama
University of Texas at Arlington
Texas State University