CHAMPS/Life Skills Mission
The mission of the NCAA is to maintain intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the campus educational program and the student-athlete as an integral part of the student body. With this in mind, the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program was created to support the student-athlete development initiatives of NCAA member institutions and to enhance the quality of the student-athlete experience within the context of higher education.
In the process of achieving this mission, the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program will:
- Promote student-athletes' ownership of their academic, athletic, career, personal and community responsibilities.
- Meet the changing needs of student-athletes.
- Promote respect for diversity and inclusion among student-athletes.
- Assist student-athletes in identifying and applying transferable skills.
- Enhance partnerships between the NCAA, member institutions and their communities for the purpose of education.
- Foster an environment that encourages student-athletes to effectively access campus resources.
- Encourage the development of character, integrity and leadership skills.
Participating institutions in the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program are provided with instructional materials and supplemental resources which support a student-athlete's development in five areas: academics, athletics, personal development, career development and community service.
CHAMPS/Life Skills Program Commitment Statements
Commitment to Academic Excellence
To support the academic progress of the student-athlete toward intellectual development and graduation.
Commitment to Athletic Excellence
To build philosophical foundations for the development of athletic programs that are broad-based, equitable and dedicated to the well-being of the student-athlete.
Commitment to Personal Development
To support the development of a well-balanced lifestyle for student-athletes, encouraging emotional well-being, leadership, personal growth and decision-making skills.
Commitment to Career Development
To encourage the student-athlete to develop and pursue career and life goals.
Commitment to Service
To engage the student-athlete in service to his or her campus and surrounding communities.
M. Basketball - 12/14/2017
MBB: Mavs open road trip in South Texas
Maverick Club - 12/14/2017
Mavericks continue to set pace with academic success
M. Basketball - 12/12/2017
MBB: Mavericks continue to increase national exposure
W. Basketball - 12/12/2017
Texas Trust Scholar Athlete of the Week
Student Athlete Advisory Committee - 12/12/2017
UTA's SAAC Active During Holiday Season
Baseball - 12/08/2017
Baseball, Softball Tickets on Sale