Student-athletes from seven different athletic programs earned degrees during the spring ceremonies.
Maverick men finish fourth and women fifth at league championships.
Alumni return to see strong performances from Maverick athletes.
UTA is one of just three schools in nation to qualify two in men's 100m.
Blomberg in steeplechase and Vaughn in 100m are top-3 seeds.
AT UT ARLINGTON
Cross Country Highlights:
• Was a first-team All-Sun Belt Conference performer.
• Placed fourth at the league meet with a 5k clocking of 18:13.2.
• Finished among the top 15 in five of her six meets on the year, grabbing top-five finishes on three occasions.
• Posted a 30th-place finish at the NCAA South Central Regional with a 6k time of 20:53.1.
• Named the Sun Belt Conference Co-Women's Student-Athlete of the Week
• Helped lead the Mavericks to the 2014 Sun Belt Conference title, the team's first league crown since 2001.
• Placed sixth at the conference meet with a 5k time of 17:17.4 to earn second-team All-SBC accolades.
• Finished first on the team and 26th overall at the NCAA South Central Regional with a 6k time of 21:16.7.
• Earned second-team All-Sun Belt Conference accolades.
• Placed ninth at the Sun Belt Championships with a time of 18:34.9.
• Placed 35th at the Crimson Classic with a season-best 5k time of 18:09.1.
• Came in 46th at the NCAA South Central Regional with a 6k clocking of 21:58.3.
• Was the team's top finisher at the NCAA South Central Regional, placing 49th in 22:37.5.
• Placed 23rd at the WAC Championships with a 5k time of 18:24.5.
• Finished third at the Louisiana Tech Mook 4 with a 4k time of 13:06.
• Was the squad's second finisher in the first five meets of the campaign.
• Placed fifth in the 5000 meters at the Sun Belt Conference Championships with a time of 17:12.37.
• Took ninth in the 3000m (10:08.16) at the SBC meet.
• Had a season-best 3000m time of 9:54.77 in a sixth-place showing at the Charlie Thomas Invitational.
• Scored in a pair of events at the SBC Indoor Championships, placing fourth in the 5000m and fifth in the 3000m.
• Her 3000m time at the SBC meet (9:52.61) ranks as the second-best clocking in school history, while her 5000m time of 17:05.90 is the No. 3 time in UTA annals.
• Won the 3000m at the Texas A&M Invitational with a time of 9:57.26.
• Placed ninth in two events, the 3000m (9:57.68) and 5000m (17:42.84) at the Sun Belt Conference Championships.
• Took eighth in the 3000m at the Texas A&M Invitational (10:15.36).
• Placed 14th in the mile (5:13.85) and in the 3000m (10:28.18) at the Western Athletic Conference Championships.
• Took third in the mile at the Sooner Invitational with a season-best time of 5:08.60.
• Qualified for the NCAA West Preliminary Round for the first time in the 5000 meters, where she placed 41st in 17:16.44.
• Was the runner up in a pair of events at the Sun Belt Conference Championships, the 5000m (17:11.06) and 10000m (35:20.04).
• Her 10000m time at the league meet also set a school record.
• Smashed the school record in the 5000 meters with a clocking of 16:32.39 at the Mt. SAC Relays.
• Also qualified for the Pan American Games in the 5000 meters for Venezuela with her record-setting time.
• Earned SBC Female Track Athlete of the Week honors on April 22.
• Named All-Academic by the USTFCCCA following the season.
• Scored points in two events, with fifth-place finishes in the 5000m and 10000m at the Sun Belt Conference Championships.
• Posted a time of 17:45.62 in the 5000m and a 37:00.17 in the 10000m at the league meet.
• Clocked at 36:10.21, the third-fastest 10000m time in school history, during a third-place finish at the Mt. SAC Relays.
• Garnered a season-best 5000m time of 17:21.82 to finish eighth at the Crimson Tide Invitational.
• Earned All-Western Athletic Conference honors in the 10,000m after finishing fifth with a time of 37:35.00.
• Placed 16th in the WAC in the 5000m (18:10.18).
• Won the 1500m at the East Texas Invitational with a clocking of 4:35.80.
PRIOR TO UT ARLINGTON
• Was the No. 1-ranked distance runner in Venezuela.
• Ranked among the top girls in all of South America in 2011 Junior rankings in the 800m (2:14.90) and 1500m (4:40.79).
• Placed 1st at 2011 National Junior Championships of Venezuela in 1500m (4:52) and the 3000m flat (10:31).
• Competed in London, England, in the 2010 World Juniors, placing second.
• Was named the Under-16 Athlete of the Year in 2011.
• Is the daughter of Beatriz Castillo and Jose O. Alfonzo.
• Is an engineering major.
• Was just 16 years old when she became a freshman at UT Arlington.
T&F: Falda, Martinsson lead way at Texas A&M
T&F: UTA returns to Texas A&M Saturday
T&F: Top-5 school performances highlight opening weekend
T&F: Indoor track season set to get underway
T&F: Fawehinmi places fifth in Rio Paralympics long jump
UTA's Fawehinmi set to compete in Rio Paralympic Games on...