Sixty-eight student-athletes were named Super Scholar or Scholar Athletes of the Year.
Cross Country Highlights:
• Appeared in one meet on the year, placing 35th at the UTA Season Opener in 20:05.1.
• Ran in five meets in her first season in Arlington.
• Finished 39th at the Sun Belt Conference Championships with a 5k clocking of 20:01.9.
• Came in ninth in her collegiate debut at the UTA Season Opener with a 5k time of 18:48.7.
• Did not appear in any meets during the indoor season.
• Competed in the 800 meters at three meets on the year.
• Placed ninth in the 800m preliminaries with a season-best time of 2:16.63.
• Came in seventh at the Varsity Apartments Invitational (2:20.15).
• Did not appear in any meets for the Mavericks.
• Participated in two meets on the year.
• Had a season-best 800m time of 2:17.09 in a fourth-place showing at the Michael Johnson Classic.
• Finished 18th in the 800m at the TCU Invitational (2:21.66).
• Helped lead her school's cross country team to the provincial championship.
• Won numerous provincial titles in the 800m as a prep.
• Had a personal-best 800m time of 2:12.76 and a 400m clocking of 56.80.
• Is the daughter of Lynn Kanuka and Paul Williams.
• Both parents competed in distance events in multiple Olympics for Team Canada.
• Mother won a bronze medal in the 3000m at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles and placed fifth in the event in Seoul, South Korea, in 1988.
• Father competed in the 1984, 1988 and 1992 Olympics and was a four-time national champion in the 5000m.
• Is a kinesiology major.
XC: Women named USTFCCCA All-Academic Team
XC: Cross country duo caps impressive year at NCAAs
XC: Guerrero, Lautenslager set for NCAA Championships
XC: Men place third as two earn spots at NCAA Championships
XC: Region's best await UTA runners
XC: Men repeat as Sun Belt champions