All five UTA point scorers placed among the top 20 as the men finished with a total of 52 points. Appalachian State was second with 66 points.
The 2015 Sun Belt Conference cross country title is the Mavericks' third in the past four years.
Mavericks will host the Gerald Richey Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 19.
John Sauerhage has led the Mavs to 27 team conference championships between the indoor, outdoor and cross country seasons.
Sixty-eight student-athletes were named Super Scholar or Scholar Athletes of the Year.
Cross Country Highlights
• Earned first-team All-Sun Belt Conference honors after placing fourth at the conference meet (24:43.8).
• Placed 23rd at the NCAA South Central Meet with a 10k time of 30:22.8.
• Finished 69th in the 8k at the Pre-National Invitational (25:15.8).
• Was a second-team all-conference performer after finishing sixth at the league meet (25:52.4).
• Helped the Mavericks claim the Sun Belt Conference title.
• Led the Mavs with an 11th-place individual finish (25:03.3) in the team's impressive performance at the Crimson Classic.
• Placed 66th in the 10k at the South Central Regional (32:26.2).
• Earned all-conference mention in a pair of events at the Sun Belt Championships.
• Was the runner up in the 5000 meters with a clocking of 14:32.61.
• Finished third in the 3000m at the league meet with a time of 8:22.58, the fourth-fastest mark in school history.
• Scored points in a pair of events for the conference champion Mavericks.
• Placed fifth in the 5000m with a time of 14:51.04 and seventh in the 3000m (8:29.48) at the SBC Championships.
• Had season-best times in both events at the league meet.
• Placed sixth in the 3000m at the Mark Colligan Memorial and seventh at the Texas A&M Invitational.
• Finished among the top six in three events at the Sun Belt Conference meet for the league champions.
• Placed third in the 5000m (14:41.05) to earn all-conference accolades.
• Finished in sixth in the 3000m (9:23.53) and 10000m (31:27.67) at the league meet.
• Posted the fourth-best 5000m time in school history at the Texas Relays (14:28.39).
• Scored in three events at the Sun Belt Conference Championships, helping the Mavericks complete the triple crown.
• Placed fifth in the steeplechase at the SBC Championships with a time of 9:33.42.
• Had seventh-place showings in both the 5000m (15:19.15) and the 10000m (32:06.31).
• Came in 21st at the Mt. SAC Relays with the third-fastest 10000m time in school history (30:36.76).
PRIOR TO UT ARLINGTON
• Was the District 7-5A cross country champion in 2008 and 2010.
• Was a four-time regional qualifier in track (2008-11).
• Qualified for regionals in cross country three straight seasons (2008-10).
• Had a personal-best 5K time of 15:58.
• Is the son of Elena Roman.
• Was a member of the National Honor Society as a prep.
• Is an architecture major.
XC: Women named USTFCCCA All-Academic Team
XC: Cross country duo caps impressive year at NCAAs
XC: Guerrero, Lautenslager set for NCAA Championships
XC: Men place third as two earn spots at NCAA Championships
XC: Region's best await UTA runners
XC: Men repeat as Sun Belt champions