AT UT ARLINGTON Cross Country Highlights 2014
• Placed fourth at the UTA Season Opener with a 5k time of 15:12.8.
• Took 71st at the NCAA South Central Regional, finishing the 10k in 31:41.8.
• Came in 13th at the season-opening Bear Twilight Invitational 6k (18:59.6).2013
• Competed in all six events for the league champion Mavericks.
• Placed 31st at the Sun Belt Conference Championships with an 8k clocking of 27:12.3.
• Finished 107th in the 10k at the NCAA South Central Regional (33:40.1).
• Came in 76th (26:26.8) in the 8k at the Crimson Classic.
• Scored two points for the Mavericks with a seventh-place finish in the mile at the Sun Belt Conference Championships (4:15.72).
• Placed third in the mile at the Reveille Invitational with a time of 4:16.39.
• Scored three points for the winning Mavericks at the Sun Belt Championships.
• Had a time of 1:57.46 in a sixth-place showing in the 800 meters at the SBC meet.
• Posted a season-best 800m time of 1:55.97 in the prelims at the league championships.
• Had a season-best 4:18.86 time in the mile at the Texas A&M Invitational.
• Placed fourth in the 1500 meters at the Sun Belt Conference Championships, helping the league champions by scoring five team points.
• His 1500m time of 3:52.18 at the league meet was a season best in the event.
• Won the 800 meters at the TCU Invitational with a clocking of 1:56.19.
• Competed in five meets during the outdoor season for the Mavericks.
• Finished 10th in the preliminaries of the 1500m (4:01.00) at the Sun Belt Conference Championships.
• Posted a season-best 1500m clocking of 3:56.38 in a runner-up finish at the Bobcat Classic.
• Clocked at 1:55.79 in the 800m to finish ninth at the Bobcat Classic.
• Was a three-year varsity letterman at Plano West High School.
• Is the school record holder in the 800m (1:57) and 5k (15:08) races.
• Had personal bests of 9:35 in the 3200m and 34:50 in the 10000m.
• Full name is Grant Butler Copeland.
• Is the son of Mark Copeland and Lili Hildreth.
• Is a biomedical engineering major.