The 2015 Sun Belt Conference cross country title is the Mavericks' third in the past four years.
Mavericks will host the Gerald Richey Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 19.
John Sauerhage has led the Mavs to 27 team conference championships between the indoor, outdoor and cross country seasons.
Sauerhage named coach of the year; Martinez tabbed freshman of the year.
Mavericks volleyball opens up WAC play
Cross Country Highlights:
• Named first-team All-Sun Belt Conference after placing fifth at the league meet with a 5k time of 17:16.5.
• Was the team's top finisher, helping the Mavericks to their first conference title since 2001.
• Placed 56th at the NCAA South Central Regional, finishing the 6k race in 21:54.4.
• Had top-10 finishes at the Bear Twilight Invitational and UTA Season Opener.
• Earned third-team All-Sun Belt Conference honors.
• Placed 14th at the Sun Belt Conference Championships with a 5k time of 18:44.5.
• Grabbed a top-10 finish (eighth) at the UTA Season Opener (18:37.6).
• Finished 70th at the NCAA South Central Regional in 22:40.7.
• Participated in just two meets on the year due to injury.
• Placed 38th at the WAC Championships with a 5k time of 18:56.62.
• Began the campaign with a 16th-place finish at the UTA Season Opener (11:41.7).
• Placed sixth at the Sun Belt Conference Championships in the 3000 meters to score three points for the Mavericks.
• Her 9:55.77 in the 3000m at the league meet ranks as the fourth-fastest time in school history
• Won the mile run at the adidas Classic (4:58.45).
• Ran the mile in four meets on the year.
• Had a season-best time of 5:02.35 in an eighth-place showing at the Sun Belt Conference Championships.
• Took fifth in the mile at the Frank Sevigne Invitational (5:04.49).
• Was named Western Athletic Conference Freshman of the Year.
• Won the mile at the WAC Championships with a time of 4:55.48, which ranks as the third-fastest clocking in school history.
• Also placed fourth in the 3000m (10:09.48) to score a total of 15 points for the Mavs at the league meet.
• Finished third in the mile at Iowa State's Bill Bergan Invitational (4:55.50).
• Sat out the 2015 outdoor track season.
• Was the runner up in the 3000m steeplechase at the Sun Belt Championships with a time of 10:36.84.
• Set the school record in the steeplechase with her league meet time.
• Placed fifth in the 1500 meters at the SBC Championships (4:39.01).
• Won the steeplechase (10:50.12) at the Bobcat Classic.
• Was the runner up in the steeplechase at the Western Athletic Conference Championships, earning first-team all-league accolades.
• Had a time of 10:45.90 at the WAC meet, finishing just .06 out of first place.
• Finished 11th in the 3000m steeplechase at the Mt. SAC Relays with a school-record clocking of 10:48.03.
PRIOR TO UT ARLINGTON
• Is a three-time Canadian Youth National 2000m steeplechase champion (2010, 2011, 2012).
• Owns the Canadian Youth Championships meet record in the 2000m steeplechase set in 2011.
• Had personal-best times of 6:44.34 in the 2000m steeplechase, 4:33.77 in the 1500 meters and 9:55.40 in the 3000 meters.
• Placed fourth in the 1500 meters at the 2011 Canadian Youth Championships.
• Placed 10th in the 2000m steeplechase at the 2010 Singapore Youth Olympics.
• Was a provincial triple gold medalist in 2009, winning the 1500m, 3000m and 1500m steeplechase.
• Also won provincial double gold in 2010 (2000m steeplechase and 3000m).
• Was a double gold medalist in the provincial championships in 2012, winning the 2000 meter steeplechase and the 1500 meters.
• Took the bronze medal in the steeplechase at the 2009 Canadian Youth Championships.
• Finished 13th in the steeplechase at the France Youth World Championships.
• Full name is Katelyn Taylor Lindsay Hayward.
• Is the daughter of Heather and Russ Hayward.
• Is an education major.
• Graduated with honors from Mount Douglas Secondary School.
• Mother played basketball and volleyball at the University of Manitoba.
• Was a national-level competitive swimmer before switching focus to track.
UIL 2017 Cross Country Championships Central
XC: Domangue, Shelton pace UTA at Crimson Classic
XC: Final regular season meet set for Friday
XC: Young runners on men's team compete at Texas A&M
XC: Shelton honored as SBC Athlete of Week
XC: Big meet brings out strong performances