The 2015 campaign for UTA was one filled with excitement as the Mavs took down three ranked opponents.
UTA registered season highs in hits (19) and home runs (3) against Troy on Wednesday night.
The Mavs will open up the double-elimination tournament by taking on Troy at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
UT Arlington secured its spot in the 2015 SBC Championship with its win over Texas State.
UT Arlington will look to cement its spot in the SBC Championship as it travels to take on Texas State.
- 26 relief appearances with a 1.26 ERA
- Allowed zero runs and zero walks in three innings pitched in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament
- Led team in saves(4)
- Season highs: 4.0 innings pitched (April 20 vs UL Lafayette), 3 strikeouts ( May 2 at UALR), 67 pitches (April 20 vs UL Lafayette)
- Was 5-4 in 25 appearances with a 7.00 ERA
- Went 0-2 in 3 starts
- Recorded a season-best 5 strikeouts against LA Tech in his first appearance of the season on Feb. 15
- Gave up 2 runs or fewer in 20 of his 25 appearances
- Led the team in saves (3), appearances in relief (22), appearances (25), games finished (11) and was third on the team with 5 wins
- Season highs: 4 innings pitched (2X), 5 strikeouts (2/15/12 vs. LA Tech), 90 pitches (3/12/13 at UALR)
- Went 2-3 overall in 22 appearances out of the bullpen
- Had a 3.91 ERA with 23 strikeouts in just 25.1 innings pitched
- Ranked second on the squad with four saves and held batters to a .237 batting average
- Registered the save against Texas on Feb. 21 needing just six pitches to record the final two outs
- Fanned a season-high three in a three-inning victory over UTSA on Apr. 15
- Allowed just six runs in the last 17 appearances that included the regular season and Southland Conference tournament.
- Was a three-time all-state and four-year all-district performer at Liberty Christian
- Named TAPPS 5A All-State Co-MVP as a senior
- First-Team All-State TAPPS 5A in 2011
- Earned TAPPS 4A All-State mention as a junior (first team) and sophomore (second team)
- Was TAPPS 4A Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2009 for the state championship team
- Named league's Offensive Player of the Year in 2011 after batting .423 with 13 home runs and 49 RBIs
- Hit .464 with seven homers as a junior
- Also went 14-2 with a 1.29 ERA in 2010
- Fanned 129 in 86 2/3 innings of work
- Led his team to the state semifinals in 2011
- Is the son of Lisa and Steve Nack
- Born in Sanger, Texas
- Business major
BSB: Mavs Travel to Face Georgia Southern
BSB: Early Innings Power TCU Past Mavs
BSB: Mavs Wrap up Homestead with TCU
BSB: Childs Stars as Mavs Top No. 23 Dallas Baptist
BSB: Minjarez Named Sun Belt Player of the Week
Texas Trust Scholar-Athlete Of The Week