UT Arlington had just four hits for the second consecutive game.
UTA ended a 17-game losing streak to Texas Tech in the win.
The Mavericks had hits from eight of their nine starters in the game.
UT Arlington improves to 7-4 overall and 2-2 in the UTA Hilton Invitational.
UTA plays a doubleheader Sunday against Illinois (11 a.m.) and Houston Baptist (3 p.m.).
- Appeared in 14 games, making 11 starts
- Had a .160 batting average with four hits in 25 official at-bats
- Also walked six times for a .360 slugging percentage
- Scored three runs on the year
- Played in 16 games starting two and batting .214
- Finished the season with one infield base hit and one bunt base hit
- Went 2-for-3 with one run against Mary Hardin-Baylor (4/13)
- Member of the Capital One/Southland Conference 2010 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll
- A three-year varsity letterwinner at Arlington Martin High School for head coach Curt Culbertson, who played at UTA (1980-82)
- As a senior, batted .380 with 12 doubles and two home runs
- Named team MVP, first team All-District and was selected to play in the Texas High School All-Star Game.
- Led team to a 22-8 overall record
- During junior season, batted .444 with a home run
- Tabbed first-team All-District and named District Defensive Player of the Year
- Led Martin to an undefeated (14-0) district record and to a 20-5 overall record
- Also helped team to district championship in 2007
- Lettered one year in football while team made Bi-District finals
- Named Martin Student of the Year and a member of the National Honor Society
- Played 2009 summer with the Arlington A's
- Led A's with a .375 batting average and hit three home runs while A's finished second at the Premier World Series
- Led Arlington A's in 2008 summer with a .415 batting average
- Son of John and Marylee Garcia
- Born September 6, 1990
- Sports management major