The Mavericks improved to 17-23 overall and 9-9 in the Sun Belt Conference.
UTA and Texas State continue the series on Saturday at 3 p.m.
UT Arlington returns to the Texas Rangers' home March 11 against Oklahoma.
UT Arlington baseball has high expectations from an experienced group of infielders.
- Appeared in 13 games
- .250 batting average with .500 slg and .500 obp
- Drew four walks in eight plate appearances
Prior to UT Arlington (Northeastern Oklahoma A&M)
- Hit .393 with a .529 on-base percentage
- Notched a .467 slugging percentage (4th in the conference)
- One-year letterwinner for Flower Mound High School
- Two-year letterwinner in football
- Born March 31, 1993
- Son of Roy Morris and Donna Hernandez
- Brother, Jacob, played baseball at Arkansas and in minors with Chicago White Sox
- Interdisciplinary studies major