Cox, McLemore, Moreland, Simmons Earn UTA Team Awards
Three Mavericks deliver three hits each in nine-inning scrimmage.
Quintin Rohrbaugh and Cody Farrell eached homered for UTA, and Jacob Moreland picked up the win in relief.
UT Arlington and No. 18 Louisiana cap the Sun Belt series at 1 pm Sunday.
UTA now 2-1 in extra-inning games on the season after 4-2 win in 10 innings at Troy.
- 25 total appearances
- Team-low 2.91 ERA
- One save with a 4-2 record in 25 relief appearances
- Struck out 25, while walking 12
- 13 shutout relief appearances, including a seven-game streak of no earned runs
- Pitched 55.2 innings of relief action, most on the team
- Fielding percentage of 1.000
- Led team with 30 relief appearances
- Recorded 25 strikeouts on the season
- Season highs: 4.2 innings pitched (March 7 vs Utah), 4 strikeouts (March 7 vs Utah), 50 pitches (April 29 vs Texas Wesleyan)
- Appeared in 6 games in relief, pitching to a 5.14 ERA
- Recorded a season-best 2 strikeouts at Baylor on April 9
- Picked up his first win on May 11 vs. Texas State in 0.2 innings of work, striking out one without allowing a baserunner
- Pitched a season-high 3.1 innings with 42 pitches thrown at UALR on May 12, allowing just one hit
- Three-year letter winner at Kelle Central High School
- Had a 1.09 ERA and 9-1 overall record while also batting .469
- 2011 Offensive MVP
- First-Team All-District 2011
- Son of Mike and Tonya Moreland
- Born Sept. 6, 1994
- Great uncle was an All-American basketball player at Louisiana Tech from 1958-60 and the fourth overall pick in the 1960 NBA draft by the Detroit Pistons
- Kinesiology major
BSB: Cook, Vassar Highlight Third Game of Fall World Series
BSB: Daniel James Helps Even Fall World Series
BSB: 2018 Baseball Schedule Announced
BSB: Anderson, Moffat Shine in FWS Opener
BSB: Mavs Set for Fall World Series
BSB: Petty Selected for NCAA Leadership Forum