UT Arlington finished 33-26 after winning 17 of their final 20 games and reached the SBC championship.
UT Arlington was nipped by top-seeded Louisiana 6-5 in the Sun Belt Championship finale.
UT Arlington defeated Arkansas State 8-7 in Saturday's semifinal round to advance.
The Mavericks (31-25) will face No. 6 Troy (25-30) on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Stanky Field.
UT Arlington (32-25) faces Friday's Troy-Arkansas State winner Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- Appeared in 50 games (45 starts), hitting for a .262 batting average
- Second on the team with a .413 slugging percentage
- Tied for second on the team with 6 stolen bases
- Fifth on the team with 27 RBI
- Had seven multiple-RBI games, knocking in at least 3 runs on three occasions
- Knocked 2 homers, 10 doubles and 4 triples
- Season highs: 5 at-bats (3X), 3 runs scored (2/17/13 vs. LA Tech), 3 hits (2X), 4 RBI (4/14/13 vs. San Jose State), 6 total bases (2X), 2 walks (4/20/13 at Seattle U.)
- Transfered from New Mexico
- Played in 38 games in his freshman campaign
- Compiled a batting average of .350 to to along with 10 RBIs and nine runs scored
- Most productive game came against Coppin State on April 17, where Twichell went 3-for-5 with an RBI and run scored
- Played Summer League with the Mankato Moondogs
- Moondogs MVP
- A four-year letterwinner at Bishop Lynch High School under head coach Paul Ahearne
- Earned All-State honors during each year of high school
- Lettered in football
- Son of Ginger and Mike Twichell
- Two sisters, Leah and Lauren
- Born August 29, 1990
- Real estate major
BSB: Seventh Inning Dooms Mavs in Sun Belt Championships
BSB: Mavs Open Sun Belt Championship with Arkansas State
BSB: Sun Belt Championships Washed Out, Again
BSB: Darin Thomas Named Sun Belt Coach of the Year
BSB: Mavs Earn No. 2 Seed in Sun Belt Championship
BSB: Texas State Claims Series Finale in 10