Three Mavericks deliver three hits each in nine-inning scrimmage.
The Mavericks will look to continue their strong play against Abilene Christian this week.
UTA will take on Arkansas State in a three-game series at Smith-Wills Stadium.
UT Arlington will open up the 2015 season against Missouri State on Friday.
Junior infielder Darien McLemore picked up Preseason All-Sun Belt honors.
- Louisville Slugger Pre-Season third-team All-American
- Louisville Slugger third-team All-American
- College Sports Madness fourth-team All-American
- NCAA South Central All-Region second team
- College Sports Madness WAC Field Player of the Year
- First-team All-WAC
- Semifinalist for the Olson Award
- Finished tied for second in the WAC with a .362 batting average
- .560 slugging percentage was tied for fourth in the WAC
- Finished tied for third in the WAC with 43 RBI
- Recorded a team-best 27 multi-hit games
- Team-leading 8 homers were 10th in the WAC
- Led the team with a 13-game hitting streak (.357, 20-for-56) and enters 2014 having reached base safely in his last nine games
- Second on the team with 55 starts
- Knocked 3 homers in a span of two games at Sacramento State on May 16-May 17
- Recorded five conseuctive 2-hit games between March 30-April 7 hitting .435 during the stretch
- Season highs: 6 at-bats (2X), 3 runs scored (4/23/13 at Sam Houston State), 4 hits (2X), 2 doubles (3/24/13 at UTSA), 2 home runs (5/16/13), 8 total bases (2X), 2 walks (4/30/13 vs. Baylor
- Batted .262 in 41 games played and 35 starts
- Was second on the team with five home runs
- Had 25 RBI and 21 runs scored during the regular season
- Named Southland Conference Hitter of the Week on Feb. 21
- Went 5-for-6 with two doubles, a triple and four runs scored in his UTA debut on Feb. 17 at LA Tech
- Followed that up with a home run, four RBI and two runs scored game the next evening
- Started the year 10-for-23 over his first five games, good for a .435 average
- Had eight multi-hit games, which included four games with least three hits
- Transferred to UT Arlington after playing one season at Tulane for coach Rick Jones
- Batted .306 (11-for-36) in 19 games, making nine starts at catcher
- Had six RBI and a stolen base
- A four-year varsity letterwinner at Dallas Jesuit for head coach Kevin Williamson
- A preseason Under Armour All-American
- Named to the All-District team three times at Dallas Jesuit
- Earned team Most Valuable Player honors as a junior and was the Newcomer of the Year as a freshman
- Played for the North Texas Copperheads
- Son of Tom and Ann Shortall
- Born Oct. 12, 1990
- Advertising major at UT Arlington