Three Mavericks deliver three hits each in nine-inning scrimmage.
Cox becomes the second UTA catcher to be named to the watch list, joining Greg McCall in 2014.
UT Arlington will open up the 2015 season against Missouri State on Friday.
UT Arlington athletic director Jim Baker shares his thoughts on the 2013-14 year.
Three Mavericks were selected in the top 10 rounds for the first time in program history.
- Second-team All-Western Athletic Conference
- Hit .285 (38-134) with 5 home runs, 7 doubles and 2 triples
- Started in 42 games (all at catcher)
- All 5 homers were hit in WAC play
- Had a season-high eight-game hitting streak from April 30-May 16. During the stretch, McCall notched four consecutive 2-hit games.
- UTA was 23-19 with McCall behind the plate
- Threw out a team-high 11 runners attempting to steal
- Season highs: 6 at bats (2X), 2 runs scored (7X), 3 hits (2X), 5 RBI (4/26/13 at New Mexico State), 2 doubles (5/12/13 vs. Texas Tech), 5 total bases (4X), 3 walks (2/16/13 vs LA Tech), 13 putouts (5/22/13 vs. Dallas Baptist)
- Played in 52 games, making 48 starts at catcher
- Batted .189 with a pair of home runs and 18 RBI
- Was one of just four players on the team with multiple homers
- Homered as a part of a 2-for-5 night that included three runs and two RBI in the season opener at Louisiana Tech
- Enjoyed five multi-hit games, including one in the first round of the SLC tournament
- Connected on his second blast of the season in that contest and also doubled as a part of his three-RBI night
- Batted .333 over his last seven games heading into the NCAA tournament
- All-Southland Conference Tournament team
- Batted .186 while playing 29 games and starting 23
- Finished the season with five two-out RBI, one infield base hit and one go-ahead RBI
- Had two multiple RBI games and four multi-hit games
- Went 3-for-5 with three RBI, two runs and one home run at Dallas Baptist (4/05)
- Went 2-for-4 with one run, one triple and three RBI at Houston Baptist (4/26)
- Went 4-for-9 in the opening weekend at Houston (2/18-20)
- A three-year varsity letter-winner at Frisco Wakeland High School for head coach Barry Rose
- Tabbed third-team All-State, district Defensive Player of the Year, team MVP and All-Area as a senior after batting .405 with 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 52 RBI while leading team to state semifinals appearance
- Earned first-team All-District honors as a junior and second-team All-District distinctions as a sophomore
- Hit .407 with eight doubles, six home runs and 30 RBI as a junior
- Batted .305 with 12 doubles, a home run and 18 RBI as a sophomore
- Son of Mike and Ann McCall
- Has a sister, Casey, who plays soccer at Texas Tech
- Business management major
BSB: Montgomery's Four-Hit Game Highlights Finale
BSB: Wernli Shines in Game Four Start
Texas Trust Scholar-Athlete of the Week
BSB: Cook, Vassar Highlight Third Game of Fall World Series
BSB: Daniel James Helps Even Fall World Series
BSB: 2018 Baseball Schedule Announced