Three Mavericks deliver three hits each in nine-inning scrimmage.
16 Former Mavericks Played Affiliated Pro Baseball in 2016
The Mavs open up the 2016 season on Feb. 19 at home vs Oklahoma State.
An outfielder for the Greenville Drive, Miller leads the team in RBI and on-base percentage this season.
UTA baseball and softball coaches and players were available for questions last week.
- Academic All-WAC team
- Batted .273 in 49 games played and 47 started
- Led team and ninth in the WAC with a .417 on-base percentage
- Led team in walks (30) and hit by pitch (13)
- Recorded 11 multi-hit games
- Went 4-for-5 on May 11 against Texas State with an RBI, a walk and a sacrifice hit
- Season highs: 5 at-bats (10x), 3 runs scored (3/24 at UTSA), 4 hits (5/11 vs. Texas State), 2 RBIs (4x), 4 total bases (3x), 3 walks (2x), 2 stolen bases (3/3 vs. Illinois)
- Batted .220 in 31 games played and 28 started
- Posted a .363 on-base percentage
- Scored 26 runs, nearly 1 per game, and tallied 15 RBI
- 7 multi-hit games, including a 3-hit effort against Dallas Baptist on May 1
- Scored at least 2 runs on 8 occasions
- Had a pair of doubles, 2 runs scored and an RBI against Texas on Feb. 21
- Hit safely in 5-of-6 games with a .391 average April 13-22
- Two-year letterwinner at Round Rock High School
- Second-team All-District as a senior
- Batted .308 with a home run senior year
- Academic All-State as a senior
- Son of Jay and Joy Miller
- Born on July 18, 1992
- Marketing major
BSB: Three-Run Second Lifts Little Rock to Opener
BSB: Mavs Travel to Little Rock for 3-Game Set
BSB: Omar Salinas Earns Weekly Honor
BSB: Five Pitchers Combine in Two-Hit Shutout
BSB: Mavs Add Game at SFA on April 4
BSB: Olson Tabbed Sun Belt Player of the Week