Cox, McLemore, Moreland, Simmons Earn UTA Team Awards
Three Mavericks deliver three hits each in nine-inning scrimmage.
Quintin Rohrbaugh and Cody Farrell eached homered for UTA, and Jacob Moreland picked up the win in relief.
UT Arlington and No. 18 Louisiana cap the Sun Belt series at 1 pm Sunday.
UTA now 2-1 in extra-inning games on the season after 4-2 win in 10 innings at Troy.
- 25 total appearances
- Team-low 2.91 ERA
- One save with a 4-2 record in 25 relief appearances
- Struck out 25, while walking 12
- 13 shutout relief appearances, including a seven-game streak of no earned runs
- Pitched 55.2 innings of relief action, most on the team
- Fielding percentage of 1.000
- Led team with 30 relief appearances
- Recorded 25 strikeouts on the season
- Season highs: 4.2 innings pitched (March 7 vs Utah), 4 strikeouts (March 7 vs Utah), 50 pitches (April 29 vs Texas Wesleyan)
- Appeared in 6 games in relief, pitching to a 5.14 ERA
- Recorded a season-best 2 strikeouts at Baylor on April 9
- Picked up his first win on May 11 vs. Texas State in 0.2 innings of work, striking out one without allowing a baserunner
- Pitched a season-high 3.1 innings with 42 pitches thrown at UALR on May 12, allowing just one hit
- Three-year letter winner at Kelle Central High School
- Had a 1.09 ERA and 9-1 overall record while also batting .469
- 2011 Offensive MVP
- First-Team All-District 2011
- Son of Mike and Tonya Moreland
- Born Sept. 6, 1994
- Great uncle was an All-American basketball player at Louisiana Tech from 1958-60 and the fourth overall pick in the 1960 NBA draft by the Detroit Pistons
- Kinesiology major
BSB: Georgia Southern Edges Mavs in Elimination Game
BSB: Sixth, Seventh Sinks Mavs in Second Round
BSB: Mavs Walk-off in 10th Inning in Sun Belt Opener
BSB: Mavs Open Postseason Play with Arkansas State
BSB: Big Innings Lifts Bobcats Past Mavs
BSB: Ninth, 10th Sinks Mavs in Series Clincher