Quintin Rohrbaugh and Cody Farrell eached homered for UTA, and Jacob Moreland picked up the win in relief.
UT Arlington and No. 18 Louisiana cap the Sun Belt series at 1 pm Sunday.
UTA now 2-1 in extra-inning games on the season after 4-2 win in 10 innings at Troy.
UTA and ULM close the three-game series on Sunday at 1 p.m.
The win was UTA's 31st all-time and second of the season over a top-10 nationally-ranked program.
- 25 total appearances
- Team-low 2.91 ERA
- One save with a 4-2 record in 25 relief appearances
- Struck out 25, while walking 12
- 13 shutout relief appearances, including a seven-game streak of no earned runs
- Pitched 55.2 innings of relief action, most on the team
- Fielding percentage of 1.000
- Led team with 30 relief appearances
- Recorded 25 strikeouts on the season
- Season highs: 4.2 innings pitched (March 7 vs Utah), 4 strikeouts (March 7 vs Utah), 50 pitches (April 29 vs Texas Wesleyan)
- Appeared in 6 games in relief, pitching to a 5.14 ERA
- Recorded a season-best 2 strikeouts at Baylor on April 9
- Picked up his first win on May 11 vs. Texas State in 0.2 innings of work, striking out one without allowing a baserunner
- Pitched a season-high 3.1 innings with 42 pitches thrown at UALR on May 12, allowing just one hit
- Three-year letter winner at Kelle Central High School
- Had a 1.09 ERA and 9-1 overall record while also batting .469
- 2011 Offensive MVP
- First-Team All-District 2011
- Son of Mike and Tonya Moreland
- Born Sept. 6, 1994
- Great uncle was an All-American basketball player at Louisiana Tech from 1958-60 and the fourth overall pick in the 1960 NBA draft by the Detroit Pistons
- Kinesiology major
Baseball, softball season tickets on sale now
BSB: Sixth Annual First-Pitch Fundraiser & Alumni Game...
BSB: Berthiaume named to All-Canadian College Team
BSB: Thomas announces 2017 early signees
BSB: UT Arlington Pro Baseball Notebook
Mavericks Connected to Cubs World Series Win