16 Former Mavericks Played Affiliated Pro Baseball in 2016
UT Arlington will rely on seven returners and nine newcomers on its pitching staff this season.
UT Arlington athletic director Jim Baker shares his thoughts on the 2013-14 year.
Three Mavericks were selected in the top 10 rounds for the first time in program history.
UT Arlington finished 33-26 after winning 17 of their final 20 games and reached the SBC championship.
- Appeared in 17 games and started 12
- 6-5 with a 5.33 ERA in 81 innings pitched
- Pitched a complete game win at Seattle on April 20 while allowing just 1 run on 6 hits
- Notched 33 strikeouts while allowing only 3 home runs
- Season highs: 9 innings pitched (4/20 at Seattle), 5 strikeouts (3/24 at UTSA), 133 pitches (4/20 at Seattle)
- 3-3 record and a 3.83 ERA over 18 appearances, 5 started
- Third on the team in wins and innings pitched (49.1)
- Picked up sole save of the season in the SLC championship game on 3.1 innings pitched with 1 unearned run on 3 hits
- Fanned a season-best 6 in 5.2 innings
- Held Sam Houston State without a run and just one hit over 3.0 frames on May 5
- Four-year letterwinner at Arlington Grace Prep
- Batted .450 with 3 home runs as a senior
- Honorable mention All-State and first-team All-district honors at first base senior year
- Earned All-District accolades each season in high school
- Drafted in 48th round by Pittsburgh Pirates
- Son of Bill and Cathy Thompson
- Born Oct. 23, 1993
- Kinesiology major