The Mavs will honor eight seniors prior to Saturday's 2 p.m. first pitch.
UT Arlington will look to build on the success from its first weekend sweep of the season.
UTA registered a season-high 18 hits in its 12-0 win over UALR at Clay Gould Ballpark on Friday night.
UT Arlington gave up six runs in the first two innings against Baylor on Tuesday night.
UT Arlington will rely on seven returners and nine newcomers on its pitching staff this season.
- Appeared in 18 games in relief, pitching to a 2.75 ERA
- Held opposing batters to a .257 average, with right-handed batters hitting only .190
- Season highs: 3.2 innings pitched (April 26 at Troy), 4 strikeouts (April 26 at Troy), 46 pitches (February 15 vs Incarnate Word)
Prior to UT Arlington (Central Arizona College)
- Made 17 appearances (2 starts) with a 2.48 ERA over 40 innings pitched
- Struck out 25, while posting a 2-1 record with 5 saves
- Three-time Pitcher of the Week in the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference
- Conference champion
- Member of the Willmar Stingers in the Northwoods League in 2013
- Was 6-2 and tied for the second most wins in the Northwoods League
- Redmond (Redmond, Wash.)
- Three-year letterwinner
- Kingco Crest Conference champions in 2010, fourth place finish in state in 2011
- Kingco Crest Division champions in 2009 and 2010
- Honorable mention senior year as a pitcher
- Honorable mention as a utility player and pitcher as junior
- National Honor Society member all four years
- Born Aug. 14, 1993
- Son of Mark and Terri Whidby
- Communications technology major
BSB: Eighth Inning Dooms Mavs in Series Setback
BSB: Ninth-Inning Run Pushes GS Past Mavs
BSB: Rohrbaugh, Simmons Lead Mavs to 3-2 Win
BSB: Mavs Host Georgia Southern in 3-Game Set
BSB: Sam Houston State Powers Past Mavs
BSB: James Tabbed Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week