Three Mavericks deliver three hits each in nine-inning scrimmage.
16 Former Mavericks Played Affiliated Pro Baseball in 2016
UT Arlington baseball has high expectations from an experienced group of infielders.
Scout Day is an invitation for professional scouts to evaluate current UT Arlington players.
Recognition is for spring sports, plus freshmen and transfers for the 2012-13 academic year.
- Named second-team All-Southland Conference
- Member of the pre-season All-Southland Conference team
- Was the only player on the club to start and play in all 61 games
- Led the team in batting average (.360), runs (56), hits (90), and was second on the team in total bases with 102
- Had a .417 on-base percentage to rank second on the team
- Topped the SLC in hits and runs scored
- Went 8-for-11 (.727) with six runs scored in the three games in the SLC tournament
- Was 4-for-4, including a triple, withfour runs scored and two RBI in the SLC championship game
- Had a team-high 29 multi-hit games, which included an amazing stretch of 10 consecutive games
- Went 34-for-71 during the streak
- Was 4-for-4 with three runs and three RBI on Mar. 31 against Central Arkansas
- Had a 17-game hitting streak and hit safely in 48 of 59 games
- Became the fourth UT Arlington player to be named Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American team (Preston Beck in 2011, Michael Choice in 2008 and Darrell Preston in 2001 are the others)
- Led team with 43 runs and 37 RBI
- Ranked second in the Mavericks in batting average (.322), hits (76), doubles (13), stolen bases (11) and on-base percentage (.387)
- Started every game and was the leadoff batter for most of the season while playing and starting in all 56 games
- Led the Mavericks in multi RBI games with 10, game tying RBI with four, two-out RBI with 16, infield base hits with 18, bunts with six and multiple RBI games with 10
- Finished the season with 11 stolen bases and a slugging percentage of .377
- Named second base honorable mention
- Went four for five with three runs and one RBI against Missouri State (2/26)
- Went four for five with three runs, two doubles and four RBI against Wichita State (3/06)
- A two-year varsity letterwinner at Arlington Martin High School for head coach Curt Culbertson
- Named first-team All-District shortstop
- Batted .444 as a senior and .513 as a junior
- Played for the Arlington A's in the Premier Baseball Champions League
- Son of Dean and Tammy Walker
- Born March 26, 1992
- Biology major