UTA (14-16, 5-4 Sun Belt) 4, No. 3 TCU (23-5, 8-1 Big 12) 5
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Clay Gould Ballpark • Arlington, Texas
Team Records and Series Notes
• UTA is 14-16 and TCU is 23-5.
• TCU leads the series with UTA, 100-58-1, including a 39-25-1 mark in games played in Arlington.
• The Mavs will return to action on Friday, traveling to Appalachian State for the series opener of a three-game series in Boone, N.C.
• A crowd of 1,187 fans ranks as the sixth most in Clay Gould Ballpark history.
• The Mavs are 6-8 in night games. • UTA is 12-12 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
• UTA is 5-11 in 2017 at Clay Gould Ballpark and is 822-481-1 all-time at Clay Gould Ballpark.
• The Mavs are 1-4 on Tuesdays.
• UTA is 1-3 vs. top-25 opponents.
• UTA is 0-2 in April.
• The Mavs are 2-5 in their white pants and blue uniform top combination.
• UTA is 8-10 when its opponent scores first and 5-5 when they score in the first inning.
• UTA head coach Darin Thomas has a 280-270 all-time record in his 10th year.
• Senior LF Quintin Rohrbaugh made his team-high 88th consecutive start.
o Rohrbaugh has reached base safely in 80 of 88 career starts and in 29 of 30 starts in 2017.
o Rohrbaugh has reached base safely in a team-leading 22 straight games.
o Rohrbaugh was hit by his sixth pitch of the year and the ninth of his career.
• Junior RHP Jordon West appeared in his 11th game of the year with his second start.
• Junior LHP Jake Wilcox appeared in his 11th game of the year and the 44th of his career.
o Wilcox worked a season-long five innings.
o It marked Wilcox's longest outing since working five innings at Appalachian State on May 15, 2016. • Junior SS RJ Williams has reached base safely in 101 of 123 career starts and in 18 of 24 starts in 2017.
o Williams has been hit by four pitches in 2017 and 20 in his career.
o Williams is now ninth in UTA history with 20 career HBP, passing Brett Lewis (2004-05) and David Newby (2006-07).
• Freshman 3B Zac Cook doubled for the third time.
o Cook has reached base safely in 10 of 11 starts.
• Sophomore CF Noah Vaughan has reached base safely in 21 of 29 starts and in 57 of 69 career starts.
• Junior 1B Omar Salinas has reached base safely in 25 of 26 starts.
o Salinas leads the team with 21 walks.
• Senior RHP Kadon Simmons worked in his 24th career game and his eighth of the year.
o Simmons made his first relief appearance since March 1, 2016.
• Sophomore DH Will Olson cranked his first career home run.
o Olson has reached base safely in 25 of 33 career starts and in 20 of 22 starts in 2017.
• Junior LHP Adam Meyer pitched in his 15th game of the year and the 27th of his career.
• Junior 2B Christian Hollie has reached base safely in 83 of 104 career starts and in seven of nine starts in 2017.
o Hollie belted his second home run of the year and the fourth of his career.
o Hollie's homer in the seventh inning was UTA's first seventh-inning homer of the year.
• Senior RHP Austin Gardner worked in his 13th game of the year and the 25th of his career.
• Junior RHP Daniel James pitched in his eighth game of the year and the 51st of his career.
BSB: Mavs Open Postseason Play with Arkansas State
BSB: Big Innings Lifts Bobcats Past Mavs
BSB: Ninth, 10th Sinks Mavs in Series Clincher
BSB: Texas State Edges Mavs in Opener
BSB: Mavs Host Texas State to Conclude Regular Season
Texas Trust Scholar-Athlete Of The Week