Postgame notes following UTA's Sun Belt Tournament win over Coastal Carolina.
UT Arlington coach Scott Cross has taken to program to new heights during his tenure.
UT Arlington finishes season at 19-14 after falling 84-76 to Oral Roberts at College Park Center.
UT Arlington blitzed UTSA 69-53 to earn a spot in the WAC championship game against New Mexico State.
Kevin Butler paced UT Arlington with 23 points in 83-78 win over the Aggies.
Played in 29 games, started 27
- Averaged 5.8 points, 2.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game
- Finished career with 291 assists, which is 9th on the school's all-time list
- Played in 120 career games which is tied for 4th on the school's list
- Scored in double figures 4 times including a season-high 13 points against Houston Baptist and at Utah State
- Season-high 7 assists twice and pulled down a season-high 7 rebounds at Seattle U
- Fourth on team with 29 steals
Played in all 32 games, making two starts
Averaged 5.6 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game
Totaled six double-figure scoring games, including back-to-back contests at Tulsa and Utah State in mid-December
Equaled his season-high output with 12 points on 4-of-6 shooting against Nicholls in the quarterfinals of the SLC Tournament
- Appeared in 28 games, making 12 starts...ranked third on team in scoring (8.6 points per game)
- Ranked third on team in field-goal percentage by shooting 50.9 percent (88 for 173)...ranked second on team in assists (76)
- Scored in double figures 15 times
- Shot better than 50% in 12 of those games...12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists vs. UTSA
- 13 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
- 15 points (2nd-highest of SLC season), 5 assists, 4 rebounds in 21 minutes (first start in 11 games) vs. McNeese State
- 12 points, 5 assists in career-high 29 minutes at Southeastern Louisiana...career-high 23 points (career best 7-8 FTs) and career best-tying 7 rebounds in 25 minutes vs. Sam Houston State
- 10 points (all in 2nd half) in 21 minutes vs. Texas State...13 points in 21 minutes vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
- 17 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists at Arkansas
- 10 points in 19 minutes at Kansas
- 13 points, 6 assists (0 turnovers), in 24 minutes at North Texas
- 10 points, career-high tying (and season best) 3 steals in season-high 28 minutes vs. St. Edward's
- Career-high 7 rebounds at Houston Baptist and at Arkansas
- Appeared in all 30 games as a freshman, starting 9 times
- Averaged 3.9 points and 2.2 rebounds per game
- Had 3 games in double figures - 14 vs. Texas Wesleyan, 12 at UTSA and 11 vs. Utah Valley
- At Baylor had 8 points and 5 rebounds in 27 minutes
- Registered 6 or more points seven times and 5 or more rebounds 5 times
- Career-high 3 steals vs. Lamar.
- Led his Madison High School team to a 33-2 record as a senior and helped the Mavericks earn a No. 5 ranking in the nation during the year
- A first team all-state Class 5A selection and the MVP of the Lone Star Invitational
- McDonlads All-American nominee
- During his high school career, he helped his team to a 135-20 record
- Named the MVP of the McDonalds Invitational during his senior season after helping lead his team to the tournament championship
- His Madison team defeated nationally-ranked Duncanville (Texas) to win the tournament
- Honored as the ESPN National Player of the Week in December following the tournament
- Ranked as one of the top players in the state by Texas Hoops and one of the upper echelon players in the nation by Hoop Scoop
- Chose UT Arlington over Santa Clara, Colorado State, Utah State and Cornell among others
- Also participated in track where he was a regional qualifier in the triple jump and long jump.
- Born September 18, 1990
- Parents are Loraine and Warren Catlett...mother played basketball at UTEP
- Graduated cum laude and was a member of the National Honor Society
MBB: Mavs to face Creighton on FS1
MBB: Mavericks add quality grad transfer
UTA student-athletes pose for the cameras
MBB: Mavericks earn NABC academic honor
UTA Season Basketball Tickets On Sale
Sun Belt announces league basketball schedules