UT Arlington coach Scott Cross has taken to program to new heights during his tenure.
UT Arlington finishes season at 19-14 after falling 84-76 to Oral Roberts at College Park Center.
UT Arlington blitzed UTSA 69-53 to earn a spot in the WAC championship game against New Mexico State.
Kevin Butler paced UT Arlington with 23 points in 83-78 win over the Aggies.
Kevin Butler scores 21 to lead the Mavericks on Senior Night.
Played in 29 games, started 27
- Averaged 5.8 points, 2.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game
- Finished career with 291 assists, which is 9th on the school's all-time list
- Played in 120 career games which is tied for 4th on the school's list
- Scored in double figures 4 times including a season-high 13 points against Houston Baptist and at Utah State
- Season-high 7 assists twice and pulled down a season-high 7 rebounds at Seattle U
- Fourth on team with 29 steals
Played in all 32 games, making two starts
Averaged 5.6 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game
Totaled six double-figure scoring games, including back-to-back contests at Tulsa and Utah State in mid-December
Equaled his season-high output with 12 points on 4-of-6 shooting against Nicholls in the quarterfinals of the SLC Tournament
- Appeared in 28 games, making 12 starts...ranked third on team in scoring (8.6 points per game)
- Ranked third on team in field-goal percentage by shooting 50.9 percent (88 for 173)...ranked second on team in assists (76)
- Scored in double figures 15 times
- Shot better than 50% in 12 of those games...12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists vs. UTSA
- 13 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
- 15 points (2nd-highest of SLC season), 5 assists, 4 rebounds in 21 minutes (first start in 11 games) vs. McNeese State
- 12 points, 5 assists in career-high 29 minutes at Southeastern Louisiana...career-high 23 points (career best 7-8 FTs) and career best-tying 7 rebounds in 25 minutes vs. Sam Houston State
- 10 points (all in 2nd half) in 21 minutes vs. Texas State...13 points in 21 minutes vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
- 17 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists at Arkansas
- 10 points in 19 minutes at Kansas
- 13 points, 6 assists (0 turnovers), in 24 minutes at North Texas
- 10 points, career-high tying (and season best) 3 steals in season-high 28 minutes vs. St. Edward's
- Career-high 7 rebounds at Houston Baptist and at Arkansas
- Appeared in all 30 games as a freshman, starting 9 times
- Averaged 3.9 points and 2.2 rebounds per game
- Had 3 games in double figures - 14 vs. Texas Wesleyan, 12 at UTSA and 11 vs. Utah Valley
- At Baylor had 8 points and 5 rebounds in 27 minutes
- Registered 6 or more points seven times and 5 or more rebounds 5 times
- Career-high 3 steals vs. Lamar.
- Led his Madison High School team to a 33-2 record as a senior and helped the Mavericks earn a No. 5 ranking in the nation during the year
- A first team all-state Class 5A selection and the MVP of the Lone Star Invitational
- McDonlads All-American nominee
- During his high school career, he helped his team to a 135-20 record
- Named the MVP of the McDonalds Invitational during his senior season after helping lead his team to the tournament championship
- His Madison team defeated nationally-ranked Duncanville (Texas) to win the tournament
- Honored as the ESPN National Player of the Week in December following the tournament
- Ranked as one of the top players in the state by Texas Hoops and one of the upper echelon players in the nation by Hoop Scoop
- Chose UT Arlington over Santa Clara, Colorado State, Utah State and Cornell among others
- Also participated in track where he was a regional qualifier in the triple jump and long jump.
- Born September 18, 1990
- Parents are Loraine and Warren Catlett...mother played basketball at UTEP
- Graduated cum laude and was a member of the National Honor Society
MBB: Local hoops product joins Sun Belt champions
Hervey Named To Lou Henson All-America Team
2017-18 UTA Basketball Tickets On Sale
MBB: Cross Named Prosser Award Finalist
MBB: Hervey earns All-America recognition
MBB: Roadrunners Outlast Mavs in NIT Quarterfinals