The Mavericks begin 2015-16 on Saturday night in Homecoming presented by Ben Hogan Sports Medicine.
UTA coach Scott Cross addressed the media in a Sun Belt teleconference on Wednesday.
Johnny Hill averaged 10.1 points and 4.3 rebounds in 21 games last season.
The Mavericks have plenty to look forward to coming off a 16-15 season.
UT Arlington leads the all-time series 32-30, including a two-game sweep during the regular season.
UT Arlington vs. Kentucky (USATSI)
Before UT Arlington (Illinois State)
- Transferred and sat out 2013-14 season
- 33 games (26 starts)
- First-collegiate start at No. 5 Louisville (12/1/12)
- Started Illinois State's final 25 games
- Valley Most-Improved Team
- Career-best 37 minutes, 19 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists in win at No. 16 Creighton (2/9/13)
- Career-high points (24) and rebounds (9) against Drake (1/12/13)
- Career-high 10 assists against Western Michigan (12/8/12)
- 27 games (0 starts)
- Sank his first career three-point attempt in the game against Bethune-Cookman (Nov. 27), finishing with three points
- First career double-digit scoring game (11) in 13 minutes against Lipscomb (11/19/11)
- In college debut, 4 points and 5 rebounds at Fresno State (11/11/11)
- Glenbard East (Lombard, Illinois)
- Led the Rams to school-record 28-4 mark and third-place finish at the 2011 Illinois High School Association (IHSA) Class 4A State Tournament
- 1,388 points career points
- Averaged 20.9 points and 5.4 rebounds during his senior season
- Two-time all-state and all-conference selection
- Averaged 16 points, 6 rebounds and 4 steals as a junior
- Coached by Scott Miller
- Born February 22, 1992
- Son of Anthony Lane and Gina Hill
- Second youngest of five siblings
UTA student-athletes pose for the cameras
MBB: Mavericks earn NABC academic honor
UTA Season Basketball Tickets On Sale
Sun Belt announces league basketball schedules
MBK: Challenging non-conference schedule awaits UTA
MBK: Mavericks add pair of talented transfers