Haslet native sits in 4-under par after the touranment's first two rounds.
UTA has now claimed top-10 finishes in the last three tournaments.
UTA competes at the Little Rock First Tee College Classic on Monday and Tuesday.
The Mavericks achieved their highest finish of the spring on Monday.
The Mavericks stand in second place at the Cape Fear National Intercollegiate.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015-16): Competed in nine tournaments with three top-20 finishes ... Season-best seven-place finish at Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate (214, par 72) ... 95th in the nation in par 3 scoring average at 3.10 ... Shot a season-low 6-under 65 at the Sun Belt Championship, good for 123rd-lowest round in the nation.
AS A FRESHMAN (2014-15): Competed in 11 tournaments with three top-20 finishes ... Finished a season-best tie for eighth place at the Sun Belt Conference Championship (215, +2) ... Shot a season-low 68 on Day 2 of the Lone Star Invitational ... Named Sun Belt Conference Second-Team All-Conference.
NORTHWEST HIGH: 2014 Won the 5A Regional tournament ... 2014 Was All State ... 2014 first-team all state ... Three-time second-team all state ... Played in every varsity event ... Won the AJGA Kansas Junior ... 2013 Played in the US Junior AM ... Three-time MVP ... Three-time Varsity captain.
PERSONAL: Son of Lito and Cecilia Guanlao ... Has one sister, Lezelle ... Business management major ... Enjoys Dr Pepper, sweet tea and wings.
GETTING TO KNOW:
- Favorite place on campus: Chick Fil A
- Favorite course: Kiawah Island (Ocean Course)
- Favorite Athlete: Rodger Federer
- Favorite sports team: Dallas Cowboys
- Favorite TV show: Shark Tank
- Favorite book: Book of James in the Bible
- Favorite restaurant: Wing Stop
- Favorite Music: Anything but country and screamo
- My dream Foursome: Tiger Woods, Rory McElroy , Jason Day
- What I've learned from Coach Deane: Preparing better for tournaments, course management
- Something most people don't know me: I made my first hole in one when I was 11 from 187 yards
- Secret talent: Dancing
- One thing I've dreamed about: Living on a hill overlooking a beach with a Range Rover in my driveway
WHAT'S IN THE BAG?
- Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner 9.5
- Woods TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5 degrees
- Irons: Nike pro combo victory reds
- Putter: Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
- Ball: TaylorMade Tour Preferred X
MG: Guanlao's career finish lifts Mavs to 3rd
GOLF: Guanlao posts flawless first round in Little Rock
MG: Mavs ride momentum to Little Rock
MG: Gore, UTA tie for fourth at Cape Fear
MG: Mavs post best start of spring campaign
MG: UTA earns season-best finish at Bob Sitton