The Mavs climed four spots to a tie for 15th before heading into the final round
UTA shot 22-over in the first round of its spring opener.
UTA tees off spring season at Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate for 2nd straight year.
UT Arlington concludes its fall schedule with a sixth place finish in Arkansas.
UTA senior fired an even par 72 to remain among the top 10 individuals.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015-16): Competed in nine tournaments with three top-20 finishes ... Season-best seven-place finish at Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate (214, par 72) ... 95th in the nation in par 3 scoring average at 3.10 ... Shot a season-low 6-under 65 at the Sun Belt Championship, good for 123rd-lowest round in the nation.
AS A FRESHMAN (2014-15): Competed in 11 tournaments with three top-20 finishes ... Finished a season-best tie for eighth place at the Sun Belt Conference Championship (215, +2) ... Shot a season-low 68 on Day 2 of the Lone Star Invitational ... Named Sun Belt Conference Second-Team All-Conference.
NORTHWEST HIGH: 2014 Won the 5A Regional tournament ... 2014 Was All State ... 2014 first-team all state ... Three-time second-team all state ... Played in every varsity event ... Won the AJGA Kansas Junior ... 2013 Played in the US Junior AM ... Three-time MVP ... Three-time Varsity captain.
PERSONAL: Son of Lito and Cecilia Guanlao ... Has one sister, Lezelle ... Business management major ... Enjoys Dr Pepper, sweet tea and wings.
GETTING TO KNOW:
- Favorite place on campus: Chick Fil A
- Favorite course: Kiawah Island (Ocean Course)
- Favorite Athlete: Rodger Federer
- Favorite sports team: Dallas Cowboys
- Favorite TV show: Shark Tank
- Favorite book: Book of James in the Bible
- Favorite restaurant: Wing Stop
- Favorite Music: Anything but country and screamo
- My dream Foursome: Tiger Woods, Rory McElroy , Jason Day
- What I've learned from Coach Deane: Preparing better for tournaments, course management
- Something most people don't know me: I made my first hole in one when I was 11 from 187 yards
- Secret talent: Dancing
- One thing I've dreamed about: Living on a hill overlooking a beach with a Range Rover in my driveway
WHAT'S IN THE BAG?
- Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner 9.5
- Woods TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5 degrees
- Irons: Nike pro combo victory reds
- Putter: Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
- Ball: TaylorMade Tour Preferred X
MG: UTA climbs rankings on Day 2 of spring opener
GOLF: Gore leads Mavs after Day 1 of Wyoming Desert
GOLF: Mavs open spring slate in California
UTA athletics unveil upgraded Gilstrap Athletic Center
GOLF: Mavs sign two to national letters of intent
GOLF: Galliford's top 10 finish highlights Mavs' final...