The Annual Report provides an overall record of the 2012-13 academic year.
Mavs team: Brad Mason, Jake Argento, Zach Galliford, Joss Gosling and Marley Sweeney.
Recognition is for spring sports, plus freshmen and transfers for the 2012-13 academic year.
Student-athletes were recognized for the accomplishments in the classroom and in the community.
26 named Super Scholar-Athletes, 21 tabbed Scholar-Athletes
- Played 34 rounds, posting a stroke average of 73.91
- Played in five tournaments and 14 rounds, posting a stroke average of 73.00
- Best finish was a tie for sixth with an even-par 144 (two rounds) at the UTA/Waterchase Invitational
- Top 25 finishes at the Brickyard Collegiate Championship (T12th), Wichita Diet Pepsi Shocker Invitational (T18th) and Lonestar Invitational (T23rd)
- Named to the list of Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholars for Divisions I
- Named to Southland Conference's All-Academic team
- Played in six tournaments and posted a stroke average of 74.32 in 25 rounds
- Best finish was a tie for 16th at the Morris Williams Intercollegiate, with a low round of 71 in the third
- Finished in the top 25 in three tournaments overall, including 20th at the Southland Conference Championship and tie for 25th at the Jim West Intercollegiate
- Posted three par rounds during the season
- Named to Southland Conference All-Academic Team.
- Honorable mention All-Southland Conference selection
- Played in nine tournaments and had a stroke average of 74.60 in 25 rounds
- Best finish was a tie for seventh at the Jim West Intercollegiate
- Also posted a tie for eighth at the UTA/Waterchase Invitational where he shot an even par score of 216
- Tournament included a career-low round of 69
- Had top 20 finishes at the Coca-Cola Classic (T13th) and Southland Conference Championship (T12th)
- Posted five sub-par rounds during the season.
Prior to UTA
- Played at J.J. Pearce High School in Richardson, Texas
- During the summer of 2009 won the Big I qualifier, 3rd at the Byron Nelson junior and 5th at the TJGT Tour Championship
- 3rd at the state 4A golf tournament in 2009 helping lead his team to a state championship
- Finished 5th at the Class 4A Regionals in 2009 and helped team to a 2nd place finish
- An all-region selection following that event
- Led team to District 10-4A title with a top 10 finish
- In 2008 finished 4th at the AJGA Valero Texas Open
- Won the 2007 and 2008 Tour Championship of the Texas Legends Junior Tour
- Named that tour's Player of the Year in 2007
GOLF: Mavs sign two to national letters of intent
GOLF: Galliford's top 10 finish highlights Mavs' final...
GOLF: Galliford leads Mavs on Day 2 in Arkansas
GOLF: UTA open first day of competition in Arkansas
GOLF: UTA set to conclude fall season in Arkansas
GOLF: Mavs show improvement on final day at Royal Oaks