UTA earns highest team finish since winning the Southland title in 2011.
Paul McConnell won Monday's qualifying event for the Price Cutter Charity Championship.
Paul McConnell finished with an 8-under-par 272 to tie for 10th at the Bayview Place Island Savings Open.
The two-man class is set to join the Mavericks for the 2015-16 season.
Paul McConnell qualified for the Finals Dec. 11-16 at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens.
- Played in 11 tournaments and 31 rounds, posting a stroke average of 73.16 to lead the squad
- Won the Fighting Irish Gridiron Classic with an even-par three-round total of 210
- Finished in the top 10 at the UTA/Waterchase Invitational (T6) and Wichita Diet Pepsi Shocker Invitational (T8), shooting even par in both events
- Shot a 2-over to place tied for 12th at the Lonestar Invitational and tied for 14th at the Brickyard Collegiate
- Finished T20th at both the Morris Williams and The BandcorpSouth
- Named Southland Conference Men's Golfer of the Month for September
- Completed in 12 tournaments and averaged 73.14 strokes over 36 rounds
- Claimed the San Diego Intercollegiate title with a 2-under-par 214
- Notched top five finish at Lonestar Invitational (T3) with 3-under-par 213
- Placed eighth at Southland Conference Championship with even-par-216
- Had five other finishes in top 25
- Named the Southland Conference Newcomer of the Year and second-team All-Conference.
- At Colorado: Saw action in four tournaments in the fall, three as an individual where his scores did not count toward CU's team total. Though he opened with an 80 in his first collegiate round in New Mexico's Tucker Invitational on the Lobos' tough UNM Championship Course, he bounced right back with an even-par 72 in the second round. His best finish was an 11th place effort in the weather-shortened Colorado State Invitational.
Prior to UTA
- A four-time All-State (5A) and first-team All-District team member.
- He was a two-time Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) 5A High School Champion, winning with a 70-74--144 score (even) as a sophomore in 2007 and a 68-76--144 score (even) as a junior in 2008; he placed fourth as a senior (72-76--148; +4)
- Tied for fifth as a freshman to give him four top 5 performances in as many tries.
- Playing as his school's No. 1 man from his freshman through senior years, Bishop Lynch won the state title his sophomore and junior seasons under coach David Post.
- He was a scratch (0 Handicap) golf since the start of his junior year.
- Completed his high school/junior career as the No. 107 ranked player in the National Junior Golf Scoreboard Class of 2009 rankings
- The No. 177 junior in the Golfweek/Titleist rankings.
- Born April 2, 1991 in Dallas, Texas. Hobbies include playing the guitar and listening to music (he lists Jack Johnson and Led Zeppelin as his favorites).
- He is just the fifth player from the state of Texas to join the CU golf team, and the first since Davis Driver (El Paso) was a senior in 1972.
MG: Deane qualifies for PGA Championship in playoff
GOLF: Gonzalez wins US Junior Am Qualifier
GOLF: Deane claims 3rd Eastern Championship
Challenging fall schedule awaits UTA men’s golfers
MG: Deane's Byron Nelson run comes to an end
GOLF: UTA support on display at Byron Nelson