- Competed in two tournaments and four rounds, posting a stroke average 78.50
- Tied for 63rd at the UTA/Waterchase Invitational
- Had a low round of 76
- Averaged 11 pars per round.
- Played in two tournaments and averaged 76.55 strokes over 11 rounds
- Finished tied for 52nd at the Jim West Intercollegiate
- Placed 81st at the Battle of the Beach
- Best round was a 77.
Prior to UTA
- A three-time TAPPS 4A all-state selection
- Led Incarnate Word Academy to a second place finish at the TAPPS 4A state golf tournament in 2010 while he finished third as an individual
- In 2009 his team finished third at the state tournament
- Tied for second individually at the state in 2009 (when he shot 75-74-149) and as a freshman (74-73-147)
- Two-time member of the state cross country championship team at IWA
- Earned four letters in golf and two each in basketball and cross country.
- Born Aug. 22, 1991
- Plans to major in business or accounting
- Member of the National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society and was a National Hispanic Scholar and AP Scholar
- Son of Lee and Sarah Smith
- Father played golf at Centenary.
MG: Mavericks conclude play at Tucker Intercollegiate
MG: Short-handed Mavs move up in New Mexico
MG: Mavericks looking to build on early season success
MG: Mavs tie for team title in season opener
MG: Thornton leads Mavs in first round of opener
MG: Mavericks open fall season in Mississippi