The title was UTA's first since 2006 as the Mavs won a program-record 18 matches.
UT Arlington ended the season 18-11 and with the most wins in program history.
UTA and Oklahoma meet for the first time since 2008 in the NCAA Tournament's first round.
UT Arlington has found dependable points in freshmen Guanarteme Nuez and Mauricio Del Rio this season.
UTA's championship is the first for the Mavericks since winning in the Southland Conference in 2006.
- Led team with 11-3 singles record (1-0 SBC)
- 6-4 in doubles
- Doubles champion at Marco and Co. Catering Islanders Open
- All-Sun Belt Conference singles first team
- ITA National doubles ranking (#63)
- Sun Belt Conference Player of the Week (2/16/14)
- Semifinals at ITA Regional Tournament
- Overall record of 5-12 in singles
- Competed at the No. 3 position for 12 matches (6-6)
- 2-1 at the No. 2 position
- Second Team All-WAC doubles with Yauheni Yakauleu
- No. 1 Ranking in Venezuela
- Venezuelan National Team member
- Junior ITF top-700
- Born December 13, 1993
- Son of Alfredo Arbiza and Egle Torrens
- Majoring in physics
MT: Nuez run ends in NCAA Singles Championship
MT: Nuez set for NCAA Singles Championship
MT: Nuez selected to NCAA Singles Championship
MT: Mavs fall in heartbreaker to close season
TN: Men, women clash with Jags in SBC quarters
MT: Nuez named SBC Player of the Year