Class includes five men's basketball players
UTA won the doubles points, but fell shy in singles competition
The men and women will be competing Satuday at 11 a.m. at the UTA Tennis Center
The Mavericks defeated the Lamar Cardinals 6-1 for their third conference win of the season
UTA will host the Cardinals for their last Southland Conference match before moving to the WAC next season
- Finished the season with a 3-5 record playing at the No. 5 and 6 positions
- Posted a 1-0 mark in doubles action with teammate Giacomo Sano
- Recorded a straight-set victory against then ranked No. 42 Rice.
- Named to the All-SLC singles second team after registering a 6-9 overall and 3-2 conference mark
- Recorded five of his six victories at the No. 6 spot
- Collected a 6-3, 6-3 win over UTPA's Nirvick Mohinta that helped clinch a SLC regular season title.
- Saw limited playing time during his first season
- Finished with a 4-5 singles record and a 4-2 doubles mark
- Named to the Capital One Bank/SLC Commissioner's Honor Roll
- Collected his first collegiate win against Tulsa at the No. 6 position
- Paired with Gonzalo Bienzobas, the duo won four straight matches at the No. 2 and 3 flights.
Bowie High School
- During his prep career, Lateko was a 2006 Mixed doubles Texas State Champion
- Selected as the Tennis Player of the Year in 2006
- Collected third place laurels in 2007 in mixed doubles at the Texas State Championship
- Complied a 90-3 overall record in his four-year career
- Finished the 2007-08 campaign with an 8-7 overall record and ranked 221 in the nation.
Off the Court
- Lateko is the son of Jay and Julie Lateko
- Born on October 25, 1989
- Has one brother-Kevin
- Majoring in economics.
MT: Nuez selected to NCAA Singles Championship
MT: Mavs fall in heartbreaker to close season
TN: Men, women clash with Jags in SBC quarters
MT: Nuez named SBC Player of the Year
MT: Nuez named SBC POTW for third time
MT: Nuez enters national ITA rankings