Feb. 16, 2013
WACO, Texas—The UT Arlington men’s tennis team fell 7-0 to the No. 18 Baylor Bears Saturday at Hurd Tennis Center.
The 18th-ranked Bears started the match strong winning doubles at the No. 3 and No. 2 position, forcing No. 1 doubles to remain unfinished.
Soren Goritzka was the lone Maverick who came close to winning a set during singles competition. The senior fell 6-3, 7-3 at the No. 2 position to Tony Lupieri.
The Bears are 5-1 overall while the Mavericks drop to 1-2 on the season.
“Playing at their home is always tough,” UT Arlington coach Diego Benitez said. “We didn’t play our best tennis.
“We need to regroup and be ready for Texas.”
UT Arlington is back in action Thursday, Feb. 21 when the team travels to Austin to take on Texas at 1:30 p.m.
#18 Baylor 7, UT Arlington 0
1. Julian Lenz (BU) def. Yakauleu, Yauheni (UTA) 6-2, 6-2
2. Tony Lupieri (BU) def. Goritzka, Soren (UTA) 6-3, 7-5
3. Patrick Pradella (BU) def. Arbiza, Carlos (UTA) 6-1, 6-1
4. Mate Zsiga (BU) def. Erimicioiu, Sebastian (UTA) 6-2, 6-1
5. Roberto Maytin (BU) def. Pesicka, Marek (UTA) 6-2, 6-0
6. Diego Galeano (BU) def. Gomez, Sebastian (UTA) 6-0, 6-0
1. Roberto Maytin/Marko Krickovic (BU) vs. Yakauleu, Yauheni/Arbiza, Carlos (UTA) unfinished
2. Mate Zsiga/Tony Lupieri (BU) def. Goritzka, Soren/Gomez, Sebastian (UTA) 8-0
3. Diego Galeano/Robert Verzaal (BU) def. Pesicka, Marek/Erimicioiu, Sebastian (UTA) 8-1
TN: 2016-17 #MavCity Moments
TN: Season success honored by conference
TN: Mavs set for SBC Championship tourney
TN: SBC releases Championship bracket
TN: UTA closes regular season with pair of matches
MT: UTA celebrates Senior Day with sweep