March 3, 2013
ARLINGTON, Texas- The UT Arlington men’s tennis team lost their first Western Athletic Conference match of the season 4-3 against New Mexico State.
"It was a battle out there," UT Arlington coach Diego Benitez said. "The guys left it all the court and I saw a lot of positives, but there still is much work to do in order to reach our top level."
The Men fell behind early losing the doubles point to the Aggies after the No. 1 and the No. 3 positions took the win for NMSU.
New Mexico State 4, UT Arlington 3
Aggie Tennis Center
1. Ramirez/Westgate (NMS) def.Yakauleu/Arbiza (UTA) 8-3
2. Degardin/Blank (NMS) vs. Goritzka/Pesicka (UTA) DNF
3. Fernandez/Mannivanan (NMS) def. Perez/Gomez (UTA) 8-4
1. Luis Ramirez (NMS) def. Yauheni Yalauleu (UTA)6-2, 6-2
2. Daniel Fernandez (NMS) vs. Soren Goritzka (UTA) DNF
3. Carlos Arbiza (UTA) def. Germain Degardin (NMS) 6-2, 6-3
4. Marc Westgate (NMS) def. Sebastian Erimicioiu (UTA) 4-6, 6-0, 6-4
5. Paul Denele (NMS) def. Merek Pesicka (UTA) 0-6, 6-2, 6-4
6. Sebastian Gomez (UTA) def. Strahinja Trecakov (NMS) 6-4, 6-4
MT: UTA claims 6th win in a row
MT: Mavs make it 5 straight over TAMU-CC
MT: Mavs get best of Aggies on Sunday
MT: UTA remains perfect on home court
MT: Mavs sweep doubleheader in home opener
MT: Owls hold off charging Mavs in season opener