We will dare to be great. Preparing our student-athletes to excel academically, athletically and professionally are the primary focuses of UT Arlington’s Intercollegiate Athletic Department. As a member of the NCAA Division I Sun Belt Conference, UTA Athletics strives to attract and embrace high-achieving student-athletes, coaches and staff who possess the talent and desire to win Championships.
The Maverick Club helps provide financial resources needed for us to achieve this endeavor through the generosity of our alumni, community, corporate partners, and family.
Pursuing Excellence Together
Joining the Maverick Club is a signal that you are committed to the larger team that drives our student-athletes’ success. Your financial and philanthropic support provides the UT Arlington Athletic Department with scholarships, academic support, facility improvements, and our overall annual budget which contribute to our student-athletes receiving the best educational and athletic experience possible.
But it’s more than financial, being a Maverick Club member is about building relationships between alumni, friends, the community, supporters, and business owners.
Why it really matters
"UT Arlington Athletics and the Maverick Club members made my dream of playing college tennis and attaining a college degree possible. It also afforded me that opportunity to achieve my MBA." –Giada D’Ortona from Bologna, Italy. Tennis alumna, BA Economics 2014, MBA 2015.
Sharing Victories Together
Competition & Sport Programs
- The 2016-17 UTA men's cross country, men's basketball, men's indoor track and men's outdoor track & field teams captured Sun Belt Conference titles.
- UTA defeated teams fro 19 different athletic conferences in head-to-head competition during the year.
- Men's basketball set a program record with 27 wins, won the Sun Belt Conference regular season title and advanced to the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament.
- College Park Center hosted the Sun Belt Volleyball Championships, attracted a program-record 5,011 fans to a women's basketball game and welcomed two of the top five men's basketball crowds in program history.
- Maverick head coaches Scott Cross (men's basketball), John Sauerhage (men's cross country, men's indoor track, men's outoor track & field) each earned Sun Belt Coach of the Year honors.
- Six UTA student-athletes qualified for NCAA postseason competition, while 32 Mavericks earned all-conference honors.
Academics & Scholarships
- $3.1M provided in student-athlete scholarships.
- 28 athletes were awarded an endowed scholarship.
- 100 – Average number of tutoring hours provided per athlete.
- 43 degrees earned.
- 65 student-athletes on academic honor roll.
- UTA student-athletes graduate at the third-highest rate among public NCAA Division I institutions within the state of Texas.
- 1000 hours of community service.
- Won 3 Sun Belt Conference monthly community service awards
Opportunities to Support
- Maverick Club Annual Fund
- Premium Season Tickets
- Sport Specific Donations
- Endowed Scholarships
- Naming Opportunities / Capital Improvements
- Matching Gifts
- Planned Gifts
UT Arlington, Under Armour Announce Department-Wide...
UTA Athletics Teams With Baylor Orthopedic and Spine...
UTA Honors Football Alumni
Mavericks continue to set pace with academic success
UTA Athletics expands exposure through ESPN Networks
UTA hoops fans enjoy An Evening With The Mavericks