We will dare to be great. Preparing our student-athletes to excel academically, athletically and professionally are the primary focuses of UT Arlington’s Intercollegiate Athletic Department. As a member of the NCAA Division I Sun Belt Conference, UTA Athletics strives to attract and embrace high-achieving student-athletes, coaches and staff who possess the talent and desire to win Championships.
The Maverick Club helps provide financial resources needed for us to achieve this endeavor through the generosity of our alumni, community, corporate partners, and family.
Pursuing Excellence Together
Joining the Maverick Club is a signal that you are committed to the larger team that drives our student-athletes’ success. Your financial and philanthropic support provides the UT Arlington Athletic Department with scholarships, academic support, facility improvements, and our overall annual budget which contribute to our student-athletes receiving the best educational and athletic experience possible.
But it’s more than financial, being a Maverick Club member is about building relationships between alumni, friends, the community, supporters, and business owners.
Why it really matters
"UT Arlington Athletics and the Maverick Club members made my dream of playing college tennis and attaining a college degree possible. It also afforded me that opportunity to achieve my MBA." –Giada D’Ortona from Bologna, Italy. Tennis alumna, BA Economics 2014, MBA 2015.
Sharing Victories Together
Competition & Sport Programs
- The 2015-16 Men’s Maverick Tennis team captured the Sun Belt Conference title.
- Men’s Cross Country won their 3rd Sun Belt Conference title in 4 years.
- Volleyball set a new attendance record of 2,108 fans attending the Texas State game at College Park Center.
- Scott Cross, head men’s basketball coach, became the all-time victories leader, and men’s basketball earned their first-ever post-season win.
Academics & Scholarships
- $3.1M provided in student-athlete scholarships.
- 28 athletes were awarded an endowed scholarship.
- 100 – Average number of tutoring hours provided per athlete.
- 43 degrees earned.
- 65 student-athletes on academic honor roll.
- 1000 hours of community service.
- Won 3 Sun Belt Conference monthly community service awards
Opportunities to Support
- Maverick Club Annual Fund
- Premium Season Tickets
- Sport Specific Donations
- Endowed Scholarships
- Naming Opportunities / Capital Improvements
- Matching Gifts
- Planned Gifts