WBB: UTA vs. ULM - Postgame Notes
Jan. 20, 2018
- UT Arlington topped ULM 70-61 on Saturday at College Park Center.
- UTA used the same lineup for the second consecutive game (Laurynn McGowen, Shelby Ricahards, Brooke Alexander, Aysia Evans and Rebekah VanDijk). UTA has used nine lineups this season. The starting five is 2-0, having started in Thursday's win vs. Louisiana.
- VanDijk grabbed her 43rd-career double-double with 29 points and 14 rebounds. VanDijk has been in double figures in the last six games and 12 games overall.
- The senior moved up to a tie for 12th in Sun Belt history with 179 career blocks, swatting away five shots vs. ULM. She also moved up to eighth in rebounds with 1,027 in her career.
- Crystal Allen had her 10th double-digit scoring game of the season with 11.
- Laurynn McGowen joined in on the double-figure club with 13.
- UTA shot 40.7 from the field, while ULM hit at a 32.8 percent clip.
- UTA improved to 8-0 when leading going into the final 10 minutes.
- UTA is 43-44 all-time at College Park Center since its opening in 2012. UTA is 8-2 in 2017-18 and 19-5 over the last two years.
- ULM leads the all-time series 34-25, however, UTA has won the previous five meetings. UTA is 14-15 all-time at home against the Warhawks. The Lady Mavs are 5-4 against ULM under coach Krista Gerlich.
- The Lady Mavs hit the road for a pair of games when they face Georgia State on Thursday and Georgia Southern on Sunday.