WBB: Houston vs. UTA -- Postgame Notes
Dec. 1, 2017
Houston 62 at UTA 58
Houston 62 at UTA 58
Monday, Dec. 1, 2017 - College Park Center – Arlington, Texas
- UTA fell 62-58 to Houston on Friday night at College Park Center.
- UTA is 15-4 at College Park Center dating back to last season, improving the team's all-time record at CPC to 39-43 since opening in 2012.
- UTA is 0-10 against Houston all-time and 27-36 against teams from the American Athletic Conference. UTA defeated SMU on Nov. 19 (58-55).
- Rebekah VanDijk posted her first double-double of the season with a team-high 11 points, while also grabbing 12 boards. The double-double was her 38th of her career. She entered as the NCAA Active Career leader. The night also ended her longest stretch without a double-double to begin a season.
- VanDijk became the third player in UTA history to go over 900 rebounds as she has 904, needing 96 to become the first player to have 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds.
- VanDijk is two points shy of tying Tracy Burr for seventh in program history, finishing the night with 1,314 in her career.
- Houston turned UTA over 11 times in the third quarter to turn around a double-digit deficit, finishing the period with a 17-0 advantage in points off turnovers. UTA finished with 26 in the contest.
- Jennifer Parker posted a career-high, and team season high, 14 rebounds.
- UTA hits the road for its next three games, all at Power 5 teams. The trek begins at Kansas State on Dec. 6 (7 p.m.), before heading to Georgia Tech on Dec. 10 and Arkansas on Dec. 17. Kansas State and Georgia Tech are both receiving votes in the AP and USA Today Coaches' Poll.
- UTA and Kansas State will be meeting for the fourth consecutive season and fifth time overall. UTA is 0-4 against the Wildcats.
- UTA returns back to CPC on Dec. 21 for a men's and women's doubleheader. The Lady Mavs take on San Francisco, while the men host Cal Poly. The Lady Mavs tipoff at 4:30 p.m.
Historic Season Leads 2006-07 Lady Mavs into Hall of Honor
WBB: UTA back at CPC to host Ragin' Cajuns
WBB: VanDijk reaches 1,000 points and rebounds in career
WBB: Road swing closes at Arkansas State
'Maverick Hour' Debuts Wednesday at Grease Monkey
WBB: Trojans survive late UTA charge