Depth in the outfield has players competing for a starting position in left field.
The Mavs return 14 from a 2016 squad that started the season with a historic 19-0 run, but bring in nine newcomers, highlighted by eight freshmen.
Student-athletes from seven different athletic programs earned degrees during the spring ceremonies.
Compiling 71 hits on the season, Mendoza is the Mavericks new single-season hits leader, passing Katie Jones 70 hits in 2007.
The Mavericks close the regular season with a three-game series against Texas State that begins Friday.
- Hit .265 while starting in all 55 games
- Third on the team in runs scored with 40
- Second on the team in walks with 35
- Recorded 8 doubles, 17 RBI and 39 hits
- Had 53 putouts, 1 assist and 1 error for a .982 fielding percentage
- Batted .269 while starting in all 54 games in the outfield
- First on the team with 28 runs scored, had 14 RBI
- Tied for second on the team amongst regular starters with 3 errors
- .418 on base percentage and .397 slugging percentage was second on the team
- Batted .253 in 53 games started in left field
- Had 7 multi-hit games
- Scored 14 runs while batting in 7
- Went 3-for-3 with a run scored and a walk against Utah State on April 27
- Season highs: 5 at-bats (2x), 2 runs scored (2x), 3 hits (April 27 vs. Utah State), 2 walks (2x), 4 putouts (April 6 at New Mexico State)
- Attended Poway High School
- Letterwinner in softball
- Named to the honorable mention team once
- Voted most inspirational
- Broke the JV batting average record her freshman year
- Born Jan. 4, 1994
- Daughter of Mike and Becky Barilli
- Has one sister, Chelsea
- Undeclared major at UT Arlington
SB: Five-Run Third Helps Troy Avoid Sweep
SB: Wyllie's Walk-off Grand Slam Lifts Mavs to Series
SB: Curry's 11th Inning Walk-off Lifts Mavs Past Troy
SB: Final homestand begins with Troy
SB: Mavs take finale to claim series
SB: Wright helps Mavs split doubleheader