Becoming only the third and fourth Mavericks named to an NFCA All-Region team, Mendoza was named NFCA All-Region Second-Team, while Rude is a member of the Third-Team All-Central Region third team.
Sixty-eight student-athletes were named Super Scholar or Scholar Athletes of the Year.
Marisa Datko and former pitcher Callie Collins were named NFCA Scholar-Athletes
The Mavericks open the Sun Belt Conference Championship Wednesday in Lafayette, Louisiana against Texas State at 12:30 p.m.
The tennis teams swept the team academic GAP honors. The women's team GPA was a 3.51 and the men finished with a 3.12.
- Academic All-WAC team
- Pitched in 29 games and started 25
- Earned a 4-15 record
- Recorded a 2.64 ERA in 146 innings pitched
- Notched 121 strikeouts and 3 saves
- Pitched 14 complete games
- Tallied 16 strikeouts against Seattle on March 22
- Started 22 games and went 6-14
- 3.28 ERA in 128 innings
- Opponents hit .269
- 79 strikeouts
- NFCA All-Region Second Team
- SLC Pitcher of the Year
- SLC First Team Pitcher
- SLC Player of the Week (Feb. 22 and Mar. 1)
- North Texas Classic All-Tournament Team
- 18-10 with a 1.72 ERA in 195.1 innings
- Led Rusk to a 31-5 record and 18-3A area title
- Selected to the Texas Sports Writer Association All-State Team
- 18-3A All-District Co-MVP as a junior
- 0.93 ERA and 315 strikeouts as a senior
- 817 career strikeouts
- Hit .366 average with 15 doubles and 30 RBI her senior season
- Born July 17, 1992
- Daughter of Darvin and Betty Collins
- Has one sister, Amy
- Undeclared major at UT Arlington