UTA softball will compete in ther final games of the 2012 season this weekend in Hammon, La.
The Mavericks end their home season with two victories Sunday at Allan Saxe Field
UT Arlington will take on Sam Houston State Friday and Saturday and will face Nicholls State Sunday
UT Arlington was unable to keep up with the Central Arkansas Sugar Bears Tuesday on the road.
The UT Arlington softball team heads to Conway where they will face Central Arkansas in a doubleheader Tuesday starting at 4 p.m.
- SLC Honorable Mention recipient
- Started in all 55 games
- Finished fifth on the team in batting with a .270 average
- Connected on the third most hits on the team and was tied for first with teammate Courtney Zink in steals with seven
- Eight multi-hit and three multi-RBI games
- Connected on at least one hit against every Big 12 team faced
- Finished 5-for-9 against Big 12 opponents
- Committed only one error at center field
- Recorded her first collegiate home run at the UT Arlington Classic against Centenary (Feb. 25)
- Five games later belted her second career homer in the opening conference series against Texas State (Mar. 1)
- Opened the season with a 3-for-4 performances against Cleveland State (Feb. 10) at the Best Western Invitational
- Wrapped up the 2011 Aggie Classic batting .571 (7-for-11) went 2-for-2 with a triple, two walks and RBI at Texas A&M at the 2011 Aggie Classic.
Clear Brook HS
- Gonzalez, a middle infielder from Clear Brook HS finished her junior season with a .350 batting average with 25 RBI and 45 stolen bases
- Earned second team all-district honors and helped lead Clear Brook to a 24-5A district championship
- Batted above .300 in her final three seasonsMember of the National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and Student Council.
Off the Diamond
- Gonzalez is the daughter of Jorge and Migdalia Gonzalez
- Born October 28, 1991
- Has one brother (Efrain) and two sisters (Christie and Amy)
- Brother played baseball for HBU and Richland College
- Sister-Amy currently plays softball for Samford University
- Nursing major.
SB: Foundation set as Brun looks back at 2018
SB: Home runs end UTA's 2018 campaign
SB: LMU powers by UTA in NISC Champ round opener
SB: NISC Championship Round opens Wednesday
SB: NISC Championship Round set for Los Angeles, Calif.
SB: UTA captures NISC Regional final over Texas Tech