Student-athletes from seven different athletic programs earned degrees during the spring ceremonies.
The Mavericks lead the all-time series with the Trojans 4-3, but are looking to avenge a two-game sweep by Troy in a weather-shortened series last season.
UTA plays its final game of the tournament on Sunday at 10 a.m.
Marissa Datko earned her second selection as an All-America Scholar-Athlete.
The Mavericks cut the ribbon on the new UTA Softball Clubhouse prior to Game 1.
- Attended Colleyville Hertiage High School
- Four-year letterwinner in softball
- Named Newcomer of the Year in 2009
- 2010, 2011, and 2012 first-team All-District member
- All-District Defensive Player of the Year in 2011 and 2012
- Named to the 2012 Star Telegram Super Team
- Born September 26, 1993
- Daughter of Kevin and Joni Schaefer
- Kinesiology major at UT Arlington
SB: Memorable season ends in NISC vs. ULM
SB: ACU comes back to top Mavs in NISC opener
SB: Mavs set for NISC first round vs. ACU
SB: Mavs selected to NISC, headed to Beaumont Regional
SB: Clakley, Curry named to SBC All-Tournament team
SB: Mavs run falls short of title game in loss to Cats