The Mavs (5-4) welcome Wichita State (4-2), Nicholls (9-2) and UMKC (3-6) in the first home games of the season for UTA.
UTA softball travels to Hammond, La. to play in the Lion Classic II Feb. 17-19.
The Mavs face a tough test right out of the gate with all five teams recording at least 20 wins in 2016.
Student-athletes from seven different athletic programs earned degrees during the spring ceremonies.
The Mavericks lead the all-time series with the Trojans 4-3, but are looking to avenge a two-game sweep by Troy in a weather-shortened series last season.
- Started 46 games, while appearing in 51
- Third on the team in batting, average hitting .331
- Led the team in homeruns with 13
- Tallied 47 hits and 41 RBI
- Named Sun Belt All-Conference second team by College Sports Madness
- Second team All-Conference (sophomore year)
- Led state of Florida in home runs(sophomore year)
- Named NJCAA First All-American (freshman and sophomore)
- First team All-Region (freshman and sophomore year)
- Second team All-Conference (freshman year)
- 2013 State Champions
- Team placed fifth at Nationals
High School (Sickle High School)
- First team All-Conference all four years
- One-year letterwinner in softball
- .553 batting average
- 7 home runs
- 33 RBI
- Born May 5, 1992
- Daughter of Dwayne and Zelma Anderson
- Has one brother, Anthony and one sister, Giselle
- Criminal justice major