The Mavs are more confident than ever and that is in large part due to the mentality of the corner infielders.
The Mavs return 14 from a 2016 squad that started the season with a historic 19-0 run, but bring in nine newcomers, highlighted by eight freshmen.
The opening-round game with Troy is slated to start at 12:30 p.m. The winner will advance to the double-loss elimination portion of the tournament to take on Texas State at 5:30 p.m.
Compiling 71 hits on the season, Mendoza is the Mavericks new single-season hits leader, passing Katie Jones 70 hits in 2007.
The Mavericks lead the all-time series with the Trojans 4-3, but are looking to avenge a two-game sweep by Troy in a weather-shortened series last season.
- One of six players to start in all 55 games
- Hit .245
- Recorded 7 doubles, 1 triple and 2 homeruns on 35 hits
- Her .992 fielding percentage was highest amongst regular starters
- Batted .212 while starting in all 54 games at first base
- Led with 346 put outs, recording just 5 errors
- Second on the team with 21 RBI
- Hit 2 HR
- Batted .182 in 53 games started at first base
- Tallied 5 multi-hit games
- Recorded 5 doubles, 1 triple and 2 home runs
- Scored 12 runs while batting in 14
- Went 3-for-3 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI, a double and a walk against South Carolina on Feb. 17
- Season highs: 5 at-bats (2x), 2 runs scored (3x), 3 hits (Feb. 17 vs. South Carolina), 3 RBIs (Feb. 17 vs. South Carolina), 3 walks (April 30 at North Texas), 2 sacrifice hits (2x)
- Attended Kilgore High School
- Letterwinner in softball
- First-team All-District selection in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Named to the All-East Texas team in 2012
- Most Valuable Offensive Player in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Academic All-District first-team
- Born June 13, 1994
- Daughter of Michael and Evelyn Stokes
- Has three brothers and one sister
- Kinesiology major at UT Arlington