March 20, 2009
Arlington, Texas -
NORTHWESTERN STATE AT UT ARLINGTON
When: Saturday, March 21, 2009
Where: Arlington, Texas
Field:Allan Saxe Field
Time: 2 & 4 p.m.
SERIES INFORMATION WITH THE LADY DEMONS
ALL-TIME RECORD - UTA leads 32-30
LAST MEETING - Mavericks won, 10-2 (5) on Mar. 16, 2008 in Natchitoches, La.
LAST UTA VICTORY - Mavericks won, 10-2 (5) on Mar. 16, 2008 in Natchitoches, La.
CURRENT STREAK - UTA has won the last six meetings against the Lady Demons
SCOUTING THE LADY DEMONS
- The Lady Demons enter Saturday's double-header with a 3-22 overall record and a 1-10 road record.
- Northwestern State is coming off two home losses against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Sunday, March 15.
- The Lady Demons have been outscored by their opponents by a 44-165 margin and have lost four straight.
- Stormi Stech leads the team in batting with a .236 average, where she has connected on 17 hits including two doubles and two triples in 72 at-bats.
- Kelee Grimes leads the team on the mound with a 2-13 record and a 4.50 earned run average.
LAST TIME OUT - UT ARLINGTON AT NORTH TEXAS
The UT Arlington softball team dropped an 8-1 decision on the road against North Texas on Tuesday, March 17 at Lovelace Field. The Mavericks fall to 8-17 on the season.
UTA took a 1-0 lead in the second inning, after Samantha Chumchal connected on a home run to left field. Chumchal's run would be the only UTA run scored in the game.
The Mean Green knotted the score in the bottom half of the frame, when Jennifer Smith doubled to right center, scoring Sarah Jones who singled to right field earlier in the inning.
North Texas added a pair of runs in the bottom of the fourth frame, after Mariza Martinez connected on a walk-off home run to right center and back-to-back doubles by Rebecca Waters and Sarah Jones, scored the Mean Green's second run of the inning.
The Mean Green ran away with the game in the bottom of the sixth, as UNT plated five runs on four hits. With a runner on and one out, Lisa Johnson launched a two-RBI home run over the left field fence, giving UNT a 5-1 advantage. The inning continued when Jessica Lynn stroked a pitch over the right center field fence and back-to-back singles and an error by the Mavs led to the Mean Green`s fifth run of the frame.
Cara Hulme (4-10) took the loss for the Mavericks, pitching 4.1 innings, allowing three runs on six hits. Chumchal went 2-for-3 with one RBI and one run scored while Fortenberry and Collie were the only other Mavericks to record hits.