The Mavericks are 11-7 going into its final match before the SBC Championship.
The Mavericks improved to 9-7 overall and 6-2 on their home court.
UT Arlington women's tennis is 5-4 overall after the loss at Wichita State.
UT Arlington women's tennis returns to action against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Feb. 13 at 2 p.m.
UT Arlington will complete weekend play against McNeese State on Sunday at 11 a.m.
- 7-5 in singles play and 5-8 in doubles
- First in singles at UTSA BJK NTC Women's College Invitational (4-0)
- Won consolation bracket at Rice Invitational (2-1)
- Only returner to compete in The Racquet Ball Invitational
- WAC All-Academic team
- 12-10 singles record
- 13-9 doubles record
- All-SLC First Team singles at the No. 6 spot
- All-SLC First Team doubles at the No. 3 position
- Finished the year with a 18-6 overall and perfect 11-0 Southland record
- Teamed up with Natalia Mayuk to record a 12-4 overall and 9-0 league mark
- Recorded two singles wins over nationally-ranked teams
- Helped UTA to a SLC Tournament title after going 3-0 in singles action.
Prior to UTA
- D'ortona, a Bologna, Italy native was one of the top juniors in Italy where she achieved a ranking of 2.7 by the Italian Federation
- She also was ranked as high as 240 in the ITF Junior rankings while collecting wins over top-100 ITF Junior players. In 2008, D'ortona captured a G4 ITF doubles tournament in Taiwan.
Off the Court
- D'Ortona is the daughter of Antonio and Marinella D'Ortona
- Born Apr. 16, 1991
- Majoring in economics.
WT: Championship dream cut short by GSU
TN: Season success honored by conference
WT: Mavs make quick work of A-State in opener
TN: Mavs set for SBC Championship tourney
TN: SBC releases Championship bracket
TN: UTA closes regular season with pair of matches