Senior Natalia Mayuk named second-team all-academic
Class includes five men's basketball players
The UTA women's tennis team fell to the Ladyjacks Saturday afternoon in the Southland Conference Champioship 4-0.
The women will compete in the SLC tournament Saturday for a chance to claim the title
UTA took down the Lamar Cardinals in a 4-0 sweep in the first round of the Southland Conference Tournament
- Named the 2011 SLC Newcomer of the Year after recording a 19-4 overall and 11-0 league record
- All-SLC First Team singles at the No. 4 spot and doubles at the No. 3 position
- Named SLC Player of the Week on one occasion (Mar. 29)
- Posted a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Idunn Hertzberg of No. 75 TCU
- Prior to the Baylor matchup, Mayuk had recorded 11 straight victories at the No. 4 position
- Partnered with Giada D'ortona to record a 9-0 SLC mark and a 12-4 overall record
- Also recorded a pair of wins with Daiana Negreanu.
Prior to UTA
- Mayuk, a transfer student from Mississippi State University played last season at MSU where she played mostly at the No. 3 position in singles and No. 1 in doubles
- In her first season with the Bulldogs, she finished with a team leading 16 single's wins playing mostly at the No. 5 spot
- Registered 12 doubles wins which included her most notable win over 16th ranked-LSU.
Off the court
- Mayuk is the daughter of Vladimir and Larisa Mayuk
- Born December 17, 1990 in Ukraine
- Majoring in business