The UTA tandem will take on the No. 7-ranked team according to the latest ITA Collegiate Rankings.
The doubles tandem of Anna Wichert and Astrid Gehre will compete in the 2017 NCAA Doubles Championship
UTA's men won the 2016 Sun Belt Championship as part of a all-time best 18 wins.
UTA picked up three titles in 2015 and return three of the four winners this season.
UTA was 11-0 at the UTA Tennis Center and features a 23-match home winning streak.
- Team-best 15-2 singles record (3-0 SBC)
- Team-best 13-2 doubles record with Angeles de los Rios (3-0 SBC)
- Sun Belt Player of the Week (2/4/15)
- 2015 NCAA Championship qualifier in doubles with de los Rios
- No. 70 ITA doubles ranking with de los Rios
- Sun Belt First-Team All-Conference in singles and doubles
- Sunbelt Conference Player of the Week (4/9/14)
- Finished with 9-5 record in singles and 8-11 in doubles
- Season-high winning streak of four matches
- 3-2 in both singles and doubles play
West Sussex County
- Three-time County Cup U-18 National Winner
- Played as No. 1 rank.
- Daughter of Grantley and Cathie Thoms
- Born October 24, 1993
- Kinesiology Major
TN: 2016-17 #MavCity Moments
WT: Gehre/Wichert fall in NCAA Round of 32
WT: Gehre/Wichert set for NCAA Doubles Championship
WT: UTA earns 2nd NCAA APR award in three years
WT: Gehre/Wichert earn NCAA Tournament selection
WT: Championship dream cut short by GSU