LADY MAVERICKS FALL TO SE LOUISIANA, 4-3
March 13, 2006
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas-Arlington women's tennis team lost a hard-fought match to Southeastern Louisiana, 4-3, Saturday afternoon.
Texas-Arlington (1-7, 1-1 SLC) started the day off by winning two of the three doubles matches to garner the doubles point.
SE Louisiana (8-2, 2-0 SLC) rebounded to win four of the six singles matches to defeat Texas-Arlington, 4-3.
Freshman Klara Jagosova defeated Breda Kovac, 6-1, 6-3, at the number one singles position, while junior Monika Peciulionyte had the other victory for the Lady Mavericks, defeating Jana Simurkova, 7-6, 6-0, at the number four position. The deciding match seemed to be junior Daniela Novokova's loss at the number two position to Emilija Arnaudovska, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4. Novakova won the first set before dropping the final two.
This loss was Texas-Arlington's first in regular-season conference play since 2002.
The Mavericks will be back in action Friday when they host Columbia. First-serve is set for 11 a.m. at the UTA Tennis Center.
Tennis Match Results Texas-Arlington vs Southeastern Louisiana Women Mar 11, 2006 at Hammond, La.
Southeastern Louisiana Women 4, Texas-Arlington 3
1. Klara Jagosova (UTAW) def. Breda Kovac (SELAW) 6-1, 6-3
2. Emilija Arnaudovska (SELAW) def. Daniela Novakova (UTAW) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
3. Iva Velkovska (SELAW) def. Simri van Rooyen (UTAW) 7-5, 7-5
4. Monika Peciulionyte (UTAW) def. Jana Simurkova (SELAW) 7-6, 6-0
5. Nina Knavs (SELAW) def. Anete Rozkalne (UTAW) 6-3, 6-1
6. Bonnie Phillips (SELAW) def. Sara Pesic (UTAW) 6-3, 6-3
Doubles competition 1. Klara Jagosova/Daniela Novakova (UTAW) def. Emilija Arnaudovska/Iva Velkovska (SELAW) 8-1 2. Nina Knavs/Breda Kovac (SELAW) def. Simri Van Rooyen/Monika Peciulionyte (UTAW) 8-5 3. Anete Rozkalne/Sara Pesic (UTAW) def. Bonnie Phillips/Jana Simurkova (SELAW) 8-0