March 22, 2005
ARLINGTON, Texas - Pavla Mesterova, ranked 90th nationally, and Gretel Hach earned the lone wins for the Lady Mavericks as Kansas State dropped Texas-Arlington 5-2 Tuesday afternoon at the UTA Tennis Center. The loss drops UTA to 6-4 overall.
Kansas State initiated the scoring by sweeping doubles action to claim the first team point.
Mesterova dropped Maria Rosenberg 7-6, 6-4 at the top singles position while Hach battled for a 6-1, 2-6, (10-7) win at No. 5 for the lone UTA points.
UTA continues action this afternoon with Southland Conference foe Sam Houston State.
Kansas State 5, UTA 2
1. Rosenberg/Kvarajjkhelia (KSU) def. Mesterova/Novakova (UTA), 9-8
2. Simosa/Diaz (KSU) def. Peciuolionyte/Rozkalne (UTA), 8-5
3. Prochazkova/Daralle (KSU) def. Hach/Shepard (UTA), 8-1
1. #90 Pavla Mesterova (UTA) def. Maria Rosenberg (KSU) 7-6, 6-4
2. Tamra Kvarjjkhela (KSU) def. Daniela Novakova (UTA) 6-1, 6-2
3. Jessica Simosa (KSU) def. Anete Rozkalne (UTA) 4-6, 6-4, (10-6)
4. Gretel Hach (UTA) def. Jupiol Diaz (KSU) 6-1, 2-6, (10-7)
5. Fernadia De Valle (KSU) def. Jessica Shepard (UTA) 6-2, 6-2
WT: UTA ends break with doubleheader sweep
WT: Serio earns SBC Player of the Week honor
WT: Mavs get back on track vs. UTRGV
WT: Singles lifts Princeton over UTA
WT: Spartans come back to snap UTA home streak
WT: UTA puts 23-match home streak up against Michigan St.