Brooke Dennis and the Mavericks defeated UTSA 4-1.
April 6, 2013
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- The UT Arlington women's tennis team defeated UTSA 4-1 on Saturday.
This marks the fourth Western Athletic Conference victory for the Mavs this season, as they improve to 5-10 overall and 4-2 in league play.
The Mavericks won the doubles points after winning at the No. 1 and No. 3 doubles to head into singles with the advantage.
Brooke Dennis, Elizabeth Thoms and Verena Scott each won their singles competitions, giving the Mavericks the overall victory.
UT Arlington 4, UTSA 1
1. Jacobea Junger (UTSA) def. Dikosavljevic, Katar (UTA) 6-4, 6-1
2. Isabelle Jonsson (UTSA) vs. D'ortona, Giada (UTA) 6-7, 6-2, 1-2, unfinished
3. Dennis, Brook (UTA) def. Alena Shichkova (UTSA) 6-3, 6-2
4. Thoms, Elizabeth (UTA) def. Kavya Menon (UTSA) 6-1, 7-6 (7-4)
5. Miranda Poile (UTSA) vs. Smaizyta, Liucija (UTA) 6-4, 2-6, 5-3, unfinished
6. Scott, Verena (UTA) def. Irene Gonzalez (UTSA) 6-3, 6-2
1. Dennis, Brook/Thoms, Elizabeth (UTA) def. Isabelle Jonsson/Alena Shichkova (UTSA) 8-2
2. Jacobea Junger/Daniela Garcia-Diaz (UTSA) vs. D'Ortona, Giada/Scott, Verena (UTA) 6-6, unfinished
3. Dikosavljevic, Katar/Foote, Christine (UTA) def. Kavya Menon/Natalie Hand (UTSA) 8-2
UT Arlington: 5-9, 4-2 WAC
UTSA: 5-11, 0-5 WAC