April 9, 2012
DENTON, Texas - The women fell to No. 67 North Texas 5-2 Monday afternoon in Denton.
UT Arlington played tough doubles, but fell just shy at the No. 3 positions. Giada D'ortona and Natalia Mayuk, playing at the No. 2 position were able to defeat their UNT opponent, but the Mavericks lost the doubles point.
Mayuk continued to play well defeating Valentina Starkova 6-4, 6-4 at the No. 3 singles spot.
With this loss the Mavericks fall to 12-8 overall, but maintain their Southland Conference record of 7-2 and rest at third place in the standings.
The women have a few days to regroup before hosting Sam Houston State Saturday at 11 a.m. at the UTA Tennis Center.
#67 North Texas 5, UT Arlington 2
1. Maria Martinez-Romer (UTA) def. Kseniya Bardabush (NT) 6-0, 6-1
2. Nadia Lee (NT) def. Verena Scott (UTA) 6-3, 6-2
3. Natalia Mayuk (UTA) def. Valentina Starkova (NT) 6-4, 6-4
4. Ilona Serchenko (NT) def. Giada D'ortona (UTA) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
5. Paula Dinuta (NT) def. Nikola Matovicova (UTA) 7-6, 6-4
6. Barbora Vykydalova (NT) def. Christine Foote (UTA) 6-4, 6-3
1. Nadia Lee/Barbora Vykydalova (NT) def. Maria Martinez-Romer/Nikola Matovicova (UTA) 8-6
2. Giada D'ortona/Natalia Mayuk (UTA) def. Valentina Starkova/Kseniya Bardabush (NT) 9-7
3. Paula Dinuta/Irina Paraschiv (NT) def. Verena Scott/Christine Foote (UTA) 8-4
UT Arlington 12-8
North Texas 13-6; National ranking #67
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (2,1,5,3,6,4)
WT: Double point proves crucial as Rice tops UTA
WT: Mavs take season opener vs. UTRGV
TN: Busy weekend opens action at UTA Tennis Center
WT: Spring slate announced by Benitez
TN: Brunicardi named to UTA tennis staff
TN: Big weekend ahead for UTA tennis